12 - Who is he?

Author pov

"Hello, Mr. Verma" Vishwanath forwarded his hands in front of Arjun for a formal handshake. Instead of replying to his wish, he glared at Vishwanath who is smiling from ear to ear with a heartwarming smile.

"What do you need?" he questioned him instead of giving a handshake, which made Vishwanath nod his head in yes with a smile and plop his hand in his pant pocket, "Business deal Mr. Verma" 

This angered Arjun, he doesn't even want to meet him but now he is proposing a business deal, "I don't want to have a deal with you" he replied harshly and sat on his chair to look at the documents but deep down he is thinking about the proposal he gave him.

"Think wisely Mr. Verma" Vishwanath placed a file on his desk, after coming out of his business thoughts Arjun took the document and go through it for whole 20 minutes while Vishwanath sat on the chair opposite Arjun, who throw glares at him now and then.

"Will tell you my decision after two days," Arjun said placing the file in his desk, indirectly asking him to move out of his office.

Vishwanath laughed a bit and replied, "I know Arjun you might be angry with me for not accepting your proposal to my daughter" his professional tone was gone instead it's now more casual like a father-son convo.

Arjun gripped the edge of his table hard to control his anger, "As a father I want my daughter to marry a man who is settled, and you didn't even meet me once for asking my daughter's hand then how can I trust you?"

Instead of answering him Arjun never tried to move his gaze away from Vishwanath more like ready to kill him at any second as his whole body is filled with fire, the smile on his face is making something in Arjun's body, he wants to rip his throat and kill him inch by inch without any humanity which is left in him.

Every second feels like he is losing his patience level and the way Vishwanath speaks can make anyone think he is innocent.

"Arjun" he placed his hand on Arjun shoulder brought Arjun back hiding his anger he masked a smile and replied, "it's okay Mr. Vishwanath"

He smiled, "no more formalities Arjun, call me Uncle"

"Sure," Arjun said as his hand formed into a fist.

"See you soon Arjun"

"Uncle" Arjun stopped him, "I won't let my professional and personal life gets mixed" Vishwanath smiled proudly in understanding, "I won't complain to my daughter if you reject my proposal also I have been discussing this business before Diya told me about your marriage and I am proud of you" he went away leaving Arjun with his pain and anger.

'You will be down to earth and I will make sure of that' Arjun pleaded himself seeing the retreating figure of Vishwanath.

Dialing a number Arjun yelled, "I need to speak with you, Hari, 

Diya pov

"Who...Who.. are you?" fear engulfed me as I took few steps back from the person who is in his fully covered face with a dark blue cloth, he wore same color jacket and pants, his whole face is covered excluding his eyes which looks like a lens is placed over his eyes which made those orbs look brown.

As fear spread over my heart I looked around for any heavy object when he took few strikes near me, "don't come near me" my steps became unsteady. I took my mobile from my pocket and tried to dial Arjun but he was quick enough to grab it and throw it far from me, "listen to me" he pleaded in a soft voice.

"No, go away" how did he come in? I locked the door while coming in.

"No Miss I am not going to hurt you, I just came here to say something to you" I shook my head, "I can't trust you, please go away I am begging you" I cried in fear.