#23 Liam is... different around you.

I reluctantly blinked in the early morning sun beams that penetrated through my window, I could already smell moms cooking wafting through the air

I reluctantly blinked in the early morning sun beams that penetrated through my window, I could already smell moms cooking wafting through the air. I loved waking up to my parents being home. Shaking Tia awake who slept next to me, straightened hair that slowly turned back into the natural fuzz covered my pillow like a furry black blanket, she lay looking peaceful, her mouth slightly ajar.

"Tia, wake up. Breakfast is getting cooked." 

"No. Go away."

She doesn't do mornings very well especially when she has had too much to drink the night before. Last night she wasn't drunk but she was rather tipsy. I only had two cups of beer, always limiting myself so I can be the one to get us home safely. Tia on the other hand doesn't limit herself at all. I pulled myself out of bed and got her a glass of water from the bathroom, she's going to need it.

"drink this."

"Liv, stop it. My head hurts." 

"drink this." I pushed with more authority reaching my voice.

Tia finally complied and downed the water in one gulp, we got up and followed the aroma to the kitchen where we found a pile of blueberry pancakes with maple syrup waiting for us . 

"How was the party last night girls?" my mom questioned while she multi tasked doing the dishes.

"Great Mrs C, Olivia played seven minutes in heaven and ended up hugging a guy." Tia exclaimed so casually as she bit into her pancake. See, queen of gossip! 

My eyes shot to the sky, why would she tell my mom that. I could feel a flush of pink spreading across my face. My mum whipped around fast, dripping wet hands everywhere. 

"I hope a hug was all you did Olivia Charles, I know what these teenage boys can be like." 

Oh mom, if only you knew. I shot daggers in Tias direction and she looked at me with an apologetic look. Mom dried her hands and left the room, leaving me to fully express my disapproval to Tia which resulted in me forgiving her and us making a joke out of my moms reaction. 

"Oh I have a favor to ask you." Tia fluttered her eyelashes in my direction, trying to appeal to my sweet side. 

"What?" 

"So you know the soccer team has a big tournament coming up across state next week?"

"Yeah" I bit into another pancake, not thinking too much of where this conversation was going.

"Well Principal Jenkins is giving me extra credit to help out with the equipment, making sure everyone knows where they are needed at what time, that kind of thing. It will look really good on my college applications under team management and organisation skills. I have to go and spend the week with them and he asked me to pick one other person to help. Please come Liv. It will look good on your college applications too and we can share a room, it could be really fun."