°Soulmates°

'Hey Kaycee' Milo greeted, his arm draped around Kylie's shoulder, his grip on her protective.

'Hey guys, wanna give me some advice on how to remove this black ink on my hand?' Kaycee groaned, rubbing her black palm aggressively. Kylie laughed at her boisterously, covering her mouth and leaning into Milo a little bit more.

'Kayc, that's soulmate ink' Kylie sighed, saying nothing else before her and her soulmate walked away.

Soulmate ink, pfft Kaycee scoffed, crossing her arms and sitting back on her bed. Supposedly, everyone has one since birth. A small or big, black inky stain on their body. For Kaycee it was her right palm. Apparently, that's where your soulmate is supposed to touch you for the first time, and when they do it turns into millions of colours at once,  a symbol representing that they've found their forever partner and light in the darkness. Thousands of people have inked palms, just waiting for that special handshake from their soulmate. Some even have very visible black palms on their cheeks that they try to cover up, because everyone will know that one day they're going to be most likely slapped by their soulmate.

 But Kaycee didn't believe this, I mean who could. It sounded like something a mythical lunatic made up. She even created different scenarios as to why there was ink on her hand. Her most reasonable one being: her parents tattooed her hand with black ink when she was born, so that she could grow up and believe in this myth. 

It was only until Kylie's dark inky wrist turned into different shades of greens and reds that she became more on the fence about it. That was where Milo had touched her for the first time, and now here they are a happy, married couple. But of course, Kaycee being the unbelieving, logical  person she is, made up another theory as to why this is: When you reach a certain age, your parents finally tell you the truth, then they arrange someone to be with you and you get another colorful tattoo imprinted on top of the previous dark stain. Seems believable right?

Pondering on her thoughts, she grabbed a stainless steel scrub and undiluted dish soap, and vigorously washed her palm, throwing a tantrum when she realized it was just creating red, scratch marks.

'Stupid soulmate inky shit. I don't believe in you, you know that. Stupid, stupid, stupid' Kaycee mumbled, directly talking to her palm. Scoffing and cursing profanities, she left her house, walking to wherever he mind wandered. Today, the rain and clouds were making her feel chilly, so she stopped by at a nearby coffee store, already trying to decide what she was going to order today.

Shivering as she opened the steel handle to the door, she smiled fakely at the cashiers, hiding her dark palm in the sleeve of her baggy hoodie. She slowly walked up to order, hearing some whistles follow her around.

'My, my, my. Looking fine, lady' a boy chanted, indiscreetly checking Kaycee out. 

This better not be my soulmate, Kaycee thought, ignoring his cat calls and proceeding to look at the menu.

'Looking fucking gorgeous tonight' the boy continued, missing the glare and uninterest sent his way. Once again, Kaycee ignored him, standing right in front of the cashier before ordering a hot pumpkin spice latte.

'That'll be $5.45' the lady smiled, opening her hand out for money. Kaycee politely gave her the needed money, sending her a quick thank you for her drink.

She decided to sit down inside the cafe seeing that it had began lashing rain, droplets pounding hard against the windows. Continuing, to make her way to her seat, she felt someone bump into her, they're knuckles bumping into the exact centre of her palm, her drink spilling onto her hoodie. Kaycee rolled her eyes, presuming it was one of the boys who were cat callling her before she turned to face a dimple smiled boy. His hair was tousled and black, eyes filled with worry, his mouth saying something but Kaycee was too star-struck to hear what he was saying.

'Gosh, I'm sorry' the boy repeated, searching his pockets for a napkin. Kaycee waved him off dismissively, bringing out a tissue from her pocket only for it to be dropped and for a gasp to escape her lips.

'Shit' Kaycee cursed, her hands shaking as she saw the middle of her palm change into a flurry of purples and blues, the colours mixing to form a galaxy shade. 'This can't be real. I must be dreaming' Kaycee gasped, blinking her eyes over and over again.

She nearly forgot that there was coffee all over her hoodie and a boy standing in front of her. Kaycee glanced up at him shocked, slowly taken aback by the abrupt situation.

He brought his hands up, awkwardly brushing through his hair, when Kaycee noticed his knuckles slowly fading into a mix of colours, the colours growing more and more vibrant.

'Uh-everything okay?' The boy asked nervously, noticing that she hasn't said a word and only been checking at her hand.

'Yeah-I think I just met my soulmate' Kaycee murmured, pressing her palms to see the colours fade away before coming back more vibrant than ever.

'Oh. You believe in that stuff' the asian boy chuckled, still staring at her drink spilled hoodie.

'No, I mean yes. Well, I didn't, but I think I do now. Shit, this is all too soon' Kaycee panicked, pinching herself to wake up.

'Believe what you wanna belive, but that's just all a myth ' the boy laughed, bringing his fingers up to crack his knuckles only to be shocked at the colors tinting it. 'Oh shit'.

'We're soulmates' Kaycee mumbled, showing him her palm. They boy gently entwined their hands together, his knuckles now fully covered in different colours of the rainbow. The colour on Kaycee's palm slowly starting to spread, the colour now reaching the tips of her fingers.

'Dude, this is crazy' Kaycee giggled, closing her hands to see if it would disappear.

'So this means I get to live the rest of my life with an angel' Sean asked, unintentionally making the girl blush. 'I'm Sean. Sean Lew'

'Kaycee rice'

AN| HEY GUYS 👋! HOW ARE Y'ALL?

I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER. I WAS KIND OF HOPING FOR IT TO BE LONGER, BUT AH WELL. LOL. 

I SAW SO MANY SEAYCEE SHORT STORIES ABOUT SOULMATES, WHERE THEY WOULD HAVE THEIR SOULMATES INITIALS IMPRINTED ONTO THEIR HANDS, SO I WANTED TO A DIFFERENT VERSION OF IT.

❤️❤️❤️

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX