The Start of Something New

AN: Anybody there? Um...so I kind of dropped the ball on this story and I'm so so sorry!!! I wonder if anybodys still reading (Sad face). It's been on the backburner for the longest time and I wasn't sure how I wanted to finish this up...Still not completely sure but I promised! I hope you enjoy this short chapter if anyone's still reading! Please comment, like and subscribe! It gives me the will to finish!!! Also I did do the first picture!

             The 12 year old was on the verge of tears. "What?" The pair was at her level and gazing into her spectral eyes with not an ounce of hate but another emotion entirely. "Sweetie, we want you to become a Fenton." Maddie reinstated. 

            "Yes!" The young girl's voice quivered. She had never known what it was to be wanted until Danny and now his family, no her family! She had a family now! She latched to the hulking ,but no longer terrifying, figures in front of her. Danny and Jazz were abruptly pulled into the hug as well. "Yes, yes, and yes!" She repeated to herself more than anything. Dani broke from the hug to take a good look at the people she would now be calling family. She took a breath and changed into her human form. The rest shielded their eyes from the bright rings. 

           "You're just like Danny." Maddie whispered. She had known this in her head but seeing it was a different story. "Yes.." The young girl confirmed shyly. "Welcome to this crazy family Dani!" Danny spun her around unleashing a giggle from her. Tucker and Valerie stood to the side awkwardly smiling. "Come on lovebirds! You're practically family too!" Danny called to the pair. "We're not lovebirds!" came the expected outburst. Tucker and Valerie then realized Danny was turning their teasing against them. "What guys, can't take your own medicine?" Danny taunted raising a brow at the pair. He noticed their beet red faces and decided to let it go (cue elsa's song XD) ...for the moment.

             After Valerie and Tucker left the Fenton's immediately made accommodations for the adolescent ghost girl in their care. Tucker and Valerie had went home to allow the family some privacy. The house was alight with babbling and spouted nonsense but the chaotic energy was comforting to Dani. As the others went to go out to get some basic necessities for her, they would go heavy duty shopping together tomorrow, She glanced quickly at Jazz. She hadn't really gotten to meet the redhead at all. Maybe this was the perfect opportunity. "So um Jazz..." The older teen gave her full attention, "What's up?" "Tell me about yourself. What do you like to do...what are you into?" Jazz perked at this particular question. "Well I am going into Psychology! I want to be a counselor!" Dani knew right away this was Jazz's passion. "That's amazing! You seem really smart!" The older girl blushed at the genuinely sweet compliment. "Thank you Dani. You know, now that we're going to be sisters..." Jazz backtracked. Maybe Dani wasn't ready for that! It was so much for them all to process in so little time! How inconsiderate! " I mean you can call me whatever you like. I know that you've been through a lot." The raven haired girl just smiled and brushed it off. "No, no! You're fine! I am honored to be your sister!" The two girls smiled. Just the thought of an honest to goodness family had her reeling! The craziness of the day had made her fall in love with the whole Fenton clan!

            "We're home!" Called the booming voice of Jack. "and we bought almost all of the furniture at the store." Gasped an out of breath Danny. "Oh don't exaggerate sweetie." Maddie responded. Everybody quickly worked to get the furniture and toiletries up the stairs. Working together the ragtag family made the work fun. The family sang songs and goofed off, but still managed to finish relatively fast. It also didn't hurt to have two super strong halfas and a hulking large figure in Jack. 

         "Well I'd say we're finished Fenton family!" Jack boomed. Maddie kissed her husband's cheek. "I'd say this calls for..." "fudge." The rest of the Fentons excluding Danielle finished half smiling. "Am I that predictable?" Jack chuckled. "That's what we love about you dear." Maddie assured patting his shoulder. "But, how about we have actual food first." Jazz and Danny glanced at each other panicked. "Oh calm down. We're ordering pizza." Maddie sighed. She didn't think her cooking was that terrible, but ecto contamination could do weird things to one's cooking. This put the rest of the family at ease. "Got them on speed dial! Can I have your card dad?" Jack passed his credit card to Jazz to make the purchase. "Sweet cheesy goodness here I come!" Danny fist pumped. "Uh Danny have you have been hanging around Tucker too long?" Jazz joked. At this the raven haired boy rolled his eyes and mimicked her.