Chapter 56

This chapter is part of a double update, make sure you've read the chapter before this one.

---------

Damon's P.O.V

Exhausted. I was fucking exhausted.

Biting back a sigh, I dip my head and take in a mouthful of macaroni pie and chicken, chewing slowly while I stared blankly ahead. It was a few minutes past three a.m. and this was the first meal I was having in two days.

So far, this heat had been nothing close to what I'd imagined it would be.

In all the years I thought about or heard about the heats we werewolves experienced, I'd never imagined they were so damn tiresome. All anyone ever talked about was the pleasure that came with it and how amazing it could be for mates and bonded wolves.

Which wasn't false, there was a shitton of good sex and I'd experienced the best orgasms of my life during this heat with Will. When I wasn't trying to fuck him into the mattress, the heat was fucking amazing.

The problem was, I spent most my time trying to not do exactly that.

Nobody talked about how stressful it could be when you had to hold yourself back, restrain yourself and your wolf from marking your mate. But that was probably because most wolves didn't need to hold themselves back. For wolves, it was mostly simple but Will and I's situation was far more complicated.

Over the last two weeks, there'd been several extremely tempting moments where I'd almost snapped completely and forgot all my qualms to mating Will. I'd barely managed to keep a handle on things, I even had to lock myself in a separate room a few times just to clear my head.

Retaining that much control was proving to be harder each and every time, which was more than worrying to me. 

The pills Aunt K had made for us seemed to be working best on Theo and minimally on Will, or rather his sex drive. It did manage to put him to sleep for hours at a time, but when he was awake, his arousal was just the same. In hindsight, I really shouldn't have been so surprised that they had zero effect in that area, Will's sex drive was already threw the roof before the heat got involved, so this was probably nothing to him. 

What was bothering me was that with each passing day, the pill's power over me diminished a little. Maybe it was my body adjusting and fighting off the magic in my system or maybe it was the heat growing more intense the longer we held off our mating. 

Either way, it was less than ideal that the only thing that was helping me keep control over Theo's demands to take Will and Will's consistent pleas for more, may not be of much help for much longer.

The only shining light in the whole thing was that Will was happy.

Maybe happy wasn't the correct word, but Will was most definitely enjoying the heat, I'd made sure of it. I kept him satisfied and didn't hesitate to give him more when he'd begged for it, my pleasure was second to his and I was perfectly fine with that, in fact, I preferred it. It helped tame my own urges to know that my mate was satisfied and focusing on that alone was proving to be best.

I just hoped I could keep it all up just a little longer.

"Damon," I look up at the sound of Will's sleepy voice, smiling softly when I find him walking towards me with rushed steps while rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand.

I push back my chair enough for him to slip onto my lap once he reaches me, I pull him into me, holding him close as his body curls into mine and he snuggles into my neck. "Are you okay?"