THREE

The following days were a blur of disruptive chaos and buzzing energy

The following days were a blur of disruptive chaos and buzzing energy. Unstoppable momentum kept the establishment alive and going. It felt more like a dream than reality, that's how it went. Exponents and advisors began to pour in and house under Visions a week later.

Visions inc.

The name and group of candidates working in it had been way out of my league. Still is, despite bagging in a job- I was still the outcast. Munching on the crisps, I kept ducking my head to hide the little snack party I was having by myself. Those had become scarce with the matter accommodating me with every breath I take. But it's rather impossible when you have a pregnant senior, a final month due next to you.

"Is that jalapeno and cheese I smell?" choking I tried to bunch the bag of chips beneath my drawer when Laxsha Singh's face popped atop of the wood-glass panel that served as a divider. Her gorgeously structured cheekbones and golden brown skin watched me, her eager smile and big doe eyes left me guilty.

With pursed lips I nodded sideways in decline when another face of Benjamin Morrison literally hanged by the edge as he lets himself pry my personal space, looking like a piece of cloth left to dry.

"It's almost over" with defeat I bring the pack of leftover, broken crumbs and handed them to Laxsha, the indian woman politely smiled then passed the bag to Benjamin.

"I want the same flavors. Go get em from canteen"

Benjamin gave her a dirty look, but he and we all knew that Laxsha would most certainly play the pregnancy card and have her way. Besides he was too whipped for her to let her struggle more than she already was after her divorce few months ago.

To say that I might be the only outcast here would be an understatement. Emily who I could see from here, smiling fondly at the copying machine was the only social person in our secluded group that actually wasn't awkward outside. Emily had been a couple years older than me, but since special art schooling had no age restricted criteria. I had started of early, while she did late. We both ended up as friends because of how good our duet results were.

But she had forever been the softer version of me. Much much gentle than me,

She even now appeared as if she chanted proud musings towards the Photostat for doing its job. Probably that's how she eloped so meticulously with strangers.

I used to be like that too. I remember that much.

"I'll do it once I am done piling Althea with her new chores" Benjamin shakes the bag until the last of the shards gathered by his palm. He then stuffed it into his mouth, Laxsha appeared as if she tried holding her gag but then decided to just grunt at him.

"Damn your grunts are so sexy"

Benjamin who had the face of a common person named Benjamin would, blurted shamelessly. It's a quality that landed him serious troubles more times than it should have taken him to correct his personality.