Follow the Recipe

Hey there! Should I make a schedule for posting? I'm thinking of posting ever Tuesday and Friday, let me know what you think! Enjoy the story!

TW: very minor injury, mentions of blood.

Jaren was having a shitty day. There was no particular reason as to why he was having a shitty day, he was just feeling bad. So in response to this, the young brunette decided he was going to look online for a recipe to make some cookies. He searched online for a few minutes as he scoured his kitchen for ingredients.
The boy began mixing the ingredients together step by step, not entirely focusing on what he’s doing as he read. Jaren reached back to grab another ingredient and pricked his finger on a nearby knife.

“Ow, fuck,” The boy spoke aloud. His finger dripped with blood, making a bit of a mess. Jaren quickly grabbed a paper towel to wrap around his finger. He rinsed off his wound and wrapped a bandaid around it. “Fuckin’ knives…” He muttered under his breath while he placed the knife in the sink and wiped down the counter. Jaren finished mixing his cookie dough and pulled out a pan. He shaped his dough into little balls and spread them evenly on the pan. He preheated the oven and waited for the beep. Jaren sat on the counter and sipped at a cup of water, humming to himself. The oven beeped and the little brunette hopped down and popped the pan into the oven, setting a timer for twenty minutes.
Jaren began cleaning up the kitchen when he felt a large gust of wind blow against him. He turned his attention back to the oven to see a tall blonde man with obsidian eyes sat upon it. Jaren gasped deeply and nearly fell backwards.

The blonde looked around, confused. “What the hell? Why did you summon me?” Jaren was shocked.

“How did you get in here?!”

“What? You summoned me, dumbass!”

“Summoned you? I-I don’t know how! You were supposed to be cookies!” The smaller was beginning to panic. The blonde laughed heartily.

“Cookies? How did you fuck up that bad?” He smiled. “Explains the difference in scenery though. I usually get summoned in basements and forests.”

“Can you please explain to me what’s going on?” Jaren was still rattled with the current events.

“Well, whatever you did to your cookies summoned me here. My name is Kryoz, I’m a demon. Now, since you’ve summoned me, what do you need?” Kryoz stated with a smile. Jaren could not pull his eyes away from the black abysses that were meant to be the others. Kryoz noticed this. “What, do they freak you out?” He laughed. “Don’t worry.” He closed his eyes for a second, opening them up again to be a beautiful green. He looked human now.

“Oh god, that terrifying…” Jaren thought out loud.

“What is?”

“The fact that you can just make yourself look human whenever you want.”

“Oh,” Kryoz laughed a bit. “I guess that would be frightening for you.” The demon hopped off the stovetop and approached Jaren. He stood frozen, not knowing what to do.

“Uh,” the oven beeped, catching Jaren’s attention. “You want some cookies?” he offered, taking Kryoz aback.

“I- what?”

“Cookies. Uh, the ones I made,” He walked over to the oven. Turning it off and putting on a pair of oven mitts. He pulled the tray of cookies out, setting them on top of the stove to cool a bit. “W- when they cool, you can, uh- you can have some… If you’d like, of course.”

Kryoz smiled. No one has ever offered him something outside of rituals or in an attempt to get something out of it. “Sure,” He said.

“What does it take to summon you if my cookie recipe did it?” Jaren asked.

“How are you feeling?” Kryoz quipped and Jaren looked confused.

“Uh, I mean, I was feeling kinda shitty?” Jaren spoke, still unsure of why this had anything to do with this. Kryoz looked down at Jaren’s bandaged finger.

“Did this happen when you were making your cookies?” He asked and Jaren nodded. “That explains it.”

“How? I’m still confused.”

“Egg, salt, blood, intent, and fire.” He smiled. “That’s all it takes to summon me.”

“Why so simple?”

“Well, when I was created, I was designed to assist people who didn’t have much. I was designed to assist anybody. Basically, I do favours for them and I get something in return.”

“What do you get?” Jaren asked.

“Depends on the people, really.” Jaren nodded. The small man turned over to the cooled cookies, grabbing a few for himself and handing a few to the tall demon in front of him. “Thank you, darling.” Kryoz tipped Jaren’s chin up so the two made eye contact.

“Wow, you’re pretty,” Jaren spoke without thinking, once again, surprising the demon. Kryoz’s face flushed a bit and turned to look away from Jaren.

“You’re stupid,” He laughed shyly. Jaren processed what he said and his face flushed a deep red.

“Yeah, I know,” The two laughed at that statement before taking a bite of their cookies.

“These are actually really good,” Kryoz complimented. Jaren smiled at the blonde.

“Thank you.”

“What’s your name?” Kryoz asked with a smile.

“Oh, it’s Jaren,” He spoke and the demon nodded.

“Cute,” Kryoz whispered just loud enough for the smaller boy to hear.

“Thank you,” Jaren was blushing deeply. “Uh, do you want to watch a movie or something?” Kryoz laughed a bit.

“I should really be getting back to business, but,” Kryoz grabbed Jaren’s hand and pulled him closer, bringing his hand up to his lips and pressing a soft kiss to the back of it. “Don’t be afraid to call for me again.” Kryoz wrote a small phrase in Latin on the younger’s hand. “This will make it easier. Maybe we can watch a movie some other day. I’ll see you again, my dear.” With that the Demon stepped back and dissipated in a black mist, leaving the small brunette alone once more.
Jaren looked at the little phrase on his hand and smiled.

He just might have to take the demon up on that offer.