Chapter FIFTEEN

Alexandrea's P.O.V

The paper fell from my hand. My hands were shaky amd sweaty as the word kept on playing over and over in my head. That was my dad's handwriting. I could recognize it even in my sleep.

There's no way he can come back. He's in prison. And he will rot there, hopefully. But how did the paper and pet get to Luke's jacket?

Then it hit me. The people that beat him up, the ones Bex was talking about. My eyes widened in realization and I started having a throbbing headache. I laid on the bed shivering and staring at the ceiling.

What if he actually comes back? What if he breaks out of prison? Oh God!

The thought of this gave me chills and I stood up, picked up the let and paper then shoved it in the pocket of my hoodie. If he comes back, everything will start again. The torture. The pain. The tears. I hope if he comes back, it's only me he targets. I don't want my mom or anyone as a matter of fact to go through what I went through for 7years. It's too much for her to handle. It's a wonder how I survived it.

"Alex?" A groggy voice called drifting me away from my thoughts. I turned and saw Zoey with contusion written all over her face.

"It's okay. Go back to sleep" I cooed as she still stared at me. She shrugged and went back to sleep. I checked my phone.

3:44am.

I stood up and tiredness washed over me. I didn't sleep at all. I got in the shower and took a nice long bath after brushing my teeth with the spare toothbrush. I pretended my scars weren't there and I was advertising the bar soap. I didn't sing because..... well, I only sing when I'm really happy and that has been a long time. Even though my voice could wake the dead. Yep, it suck that much.

After a few advertisments, I got out and took a spare towel, wrapping it around me. I stood in front of the mirror. Dull blue tired eyes, pale skin and wet pale pink lips. I smiled to make myself look prettier but it was still the same so I checked properly to make sure Zo wouldn't wake up any time soon and wore my clothes from last night. Zoey seems to value her sleep as she just shifted to different weird positions as she slept. I cracked a smile and used to towel to dry my wet hair.

It dried a little so I left it that way. I laid back on the bed to wait for morning when Zo changed her position again. One of her legs was across my neck and her hand was on my abdomen. She must be really flexible for her to be a be able to twist like that. I changed my mind and decided to make breakfast.

I got up and made my way over to their kitchen. It was really clean and organized. I thought of what to make and I started craving waffles instantly. I prepared the ingredients and began cooking. This was the only thing that kept my mind out of everything. It's like my own little world. As I was cooking, I remembered Chef Lily. She always wore a warm smile around Eli. That woman is really judgemental. I'm sure Bex will hate her guts when she sees her. I hope Bex is okay, she was really worn out when we saw her and knowing Bex, appearance matters a lot. And Luke, this is all my fault. Luke is being affected by my father.

I have to stay away if it means he's going to hurt my friends. He can hurt me but he must never hurt my friends. I'm used to it anyway. I wonder what kind of father would be doing this to his own daughter. It's just hurts to see people talk about their parents like 'my dad just bought me a new car for my birthday' and I just wonder. What will I say? 'My father gave me a new scar and more bruises'?.

I finished making waffles for everyone and I kept theirs. I took mine amd sprayed some whip cream on it. I hated strawberries on my waffles so I didn't put any. I sat down and ate then I heard the front door open and close. I became still as I thought of different people that could be entering the house. Maybe it's an armed robber, or a thief, or an assassin. I jumped a little when I saw Nick enter the sitting room.