- ten : confirm

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

"You guys should just stay over." Kageyama said as he glanced out the window, seeing as it was already dark.

This made Tsukishima stand up and begin packing up. "Well, I'm leaving."

Makoto snickered, peering up at Tsukishima who slung his bag over his shoulder. "You really don't wanna stay with us, do you?"

He scoffed, "Of course I don't. I might catch the illness you guys have called 'stupidity.'" He deadpanned, eliciting a laugh out of Makoto who stood up.

"I'll go with you." Makoto said as she grabbed her wallet from her bag. He rose an eyebrow, wondering why she was even following him. "I'm going to the convenience store. Unless you need me to walk you home, honey."

Tsukishima wrinkled his nose at the use of that nickname. "Disgusting. Don't ever say that again." He shuddered, gagging dramatically.

"Whatever." Makoto rolled her eyes with a small laugh, following the male out the door. Yamaguchi trailed behind quietly, yawning from sleepiness after a few hours of studying.

They walked in silence, just basking in the sound of the dark, quiet night. The only noise that was really prominent was the sound of the feet hitting the pavement as they walked.

"Bye, Yamaguchi." Makoto waved as she stood outside Yamaguchi's house with Tsukishima. He waved briefly, turning on his heels to enter the house and shut the door behind him.

Once the door was shut, the two continued their journey.
According to Tsukishima, his house was coincidentally in the same direction as the convenience store Makoto was headed to. She wasn't necessarily complaining though.

"What are you thinking about?"

The abrupt questioned from the blond beside her made her slightly jump, not expecting him to speak up first.

Makoto grinned, "Why? You wanna know what goes on in my head? Am I that mysterious?" She joked, earning a small scoff from Tsukishima.

"No, you just looked constipated, so I had to ask." He snickered lightly, shoving his hands into his pockets.

Makoto glanced up at the sky, admiring the beautiful sight of the stars that scattered the dark sky. "I was just thinking that I have a lot of fun with you. Even if you are mean as hell."

Tsukishima was taken aback by her suddenness. He had genuinely expected her to say some stupid thought that would create a long banter.

He shifted his hands, swallowing slightly as he glanced at her out of the corner of his eyes. "And what brought this thought on?"

Makoto shrugged softly, "Uh, I honestly don't know. It just happened." She chuckled lightly. "What about me? Do you enjoy my presence?"

"I mean," Tsukishima began as he aimlessly kicked a rock on the concrete. "I don't necessarily hate your presence. I just highly dislike it."

Makoto snickered, shoving Tsukishima lightly. "Now that's just cold, Kei."

"Whatever," he glanced away from her, focusing his eyes on the stars.

Makoto's eyes subconsciously drifted away from the sky and onto Tsukishima's face. His side profile was quite appealing, making her slightly curse him for having such naturally nice skin.

His glasses sat on the bridge of his nose, reflecting the soft light of the moon above them. His skin glowed, making him look like an angel. His lips were fixed in a minuscule smile as he stared at the sky. The way his honey-colored eyes gleamed under the moonlight made her heart skip a beat. He looks good like that.

"Stop staring, shrimpy."

Tsukishima turned his head, meeting Makoto's dark green eyes that were focused on him. He tilted his head, shooting her a flat look. "You aren't even trying to hide it."

"Sorry, sorry," Makoto said with a small chuckle. "I was looking at your face."

"No shit." Tsukishima rolled his eyes. Seeing her mouth open to say something else, he spoke up first. "Insult me and I'll leave you here stranded."

Makoto giggled, "I know my way back." She replied in a matter-of-factly manner.

"Do you really?"

Makoto caved under his pointed look. "No."

"That's what I thought." Tsukishima muttered, shaking his head softly. "Oh, that reminds me,"

He unzipped his bag, pulling out Makoto's notebook. "I grabbed it by accident."

Makoto took it, tucking it under her arm. "Ah, thank you. Hold up, you dropped something."

The raven haired female bent down, picking up the small piece of paper that fell from Tsukishima's bag. She curiously unfolded it, feeling her eyes slightly widen at the familiar paper.

"You kept my drawing?" Makoto questioned as she flashed the paper in Tsukishima's direction. The blond male struggled to remain indifferent under her stare. "Why?"

He shrugged awkwardly, "I don't know. Don't ask me."

"If so, I'll give you a thousand more drawings!" Makoto shot him a gummy grin that he simply shook his head to.

"If you give me a thousand dumb doodles of me in a dinosaur costume, I'll report you for harassment." This comment made Makoto nearly double over in laughter.

"Fine," Makoto wiped a tear, sobering up from her laughter. "I'll draw me and you in dinosaur costumes. Better?"

"Sure, whatever." Tsukishima snickered.

[ t i m e s k i p ]

"I can find my way back to Kags and Shōyō, so you can head home." Makoto said as she began walking down the sidewalk in the direction of Kageyama's house. "See you later, Kei!"

Tsukishima watched from a distance, swallowing thickly. "I lied."

Makoto turned around slowly, confused by what he lied about. The look on his face was indescribably cute.

"I enjoy your presence too."

Tsukishima turned on his heels, giving her a short wave over his shoulder before disappearing into the night.

Makoto stood there with her mouth parted in shock. Her cheeks flamed slightly, making her sweat from the rise in body temperature.

It's just some stupid words. Makoto thought as she made her way back to Kageyama's house. It was so hot, despite the atmosphere's temperature being quite low. It's just a few stupid words...but why did they make me so happy?

The racing of her heart didn't stop until she got back to Kageyama's house and took a seat on the couch. Both males were fast asleep in Kageyama's bed, cuddled up together cutely.

Makoto sat on the couch, a bit too preoccupied with her thoughts to notice that time was passing by very quickly.

Is this a crush?