Chapter 54: Sacrifice

The Six stood around, Kirakiri slowly choking him. " How do we stop it? "

" It's in motion, it can't be cancelled. That's how nukes work. " He struggled to reply.

" Well you're the super genius, figure something out! " He shouted, as they were all panicking.

The facility shook as the nuke initiated the launch sequence, a countdown beginning.

" The real bomb is just inside the thing being launched! The whole thing, beneath the metal, through and through is covered in styrofoam. Beneath that is an implosion device for the secondary stage. Towards the end of the it is the plutonium core that makes it go big boom boom. "  Ribbon Dancer said, looking at some blueprints he found inside a locked safe.

" How the hell are we going to do anything about that? " Kaiyo asked, starting to panic a little.

Kinzokuma suddenly charged out of the room at full pelt, running towards the launch bay as fast as he could. He was still full size, so made quite a racket as he went along.

He started dispelling metal, throwing it away to reduce his size, and created claws for himself. He approached the initialised bomb as it got ready to take off, and he jumped onto it.

" What are you doing?! You're gonna die you maniac! " Shoulder Spike boomed.

Kinzokuma looked back and smiled. " If it means several billion people live on, then so be it. "

He looked stunned by those words, as the countdown reached zero and the missile launched. The sound was almost enough to shake him off, if it weren't for the claws he made.

The ceiling had opened up to the bright sky, as the nose of the missile peeked out before the rest of it followed suit with Kinzokuma on it. Where even had the nuke been set to strike? He passed a news helicopter that was reporting on the incident.

It started flying west as the wind force from the speed of it going through the air was virtually incapacitating as Kinzokuma desperately tried to absorb the metal casing.

He created boots with hooks in them to give him more stability, as he slammed his feet into the casing. He ripped open the surface and saw that it was hollow inside.

Again struggling against the wind, he crawled his way inside, a little cramped but happy to not be battling an invisible enemy whilst trying to defuse a military weapon of mass destruction.

There was a second shell inside the missile, secured firmly in place by several metal stands. He immediately tore at the thing, trying to break it open.

The smaller shell itself weighed several tons, so he resorted to absorbing it. There was a thick layer of styrofoam which he also tore at, shredding it in seconds with his claws.

Everything after that was far too advanced for him to even try to understand, but from what he had gathered, one end was more or less regular explosives, the other end was plutonium.

" Come on Kyogane, we're not bringing the fate of humanity down to a fifty percent chance, think! " He said to himself.

He must've felt stupid when he actually properly read the casing, since the plutonium core was riddled with warnings of radioactivity all over it, literally no one could miss it!

If that's the thing that sets it off, he reasoned that he had to disconnect the two from each other and absolutely not let the two stay together.

He encased it in metal, attached to himself, and started absorbing the rest of the shell. He then started working on the missile casing he was inside, gathering as much as possible.