Webbed DNA

13

The drive back to the tower was filled with silence. To say Peter was nervous would be the understatement of the century.

After what felt like a Doctor Strange Dormamu eternity, they arrived at the tower, at Peter's new home.

"U-um, M-Mr St-Star-Stark...?" Peter stuttered.
"Yes, would does my favourite intern want?" he replied, trying to calm Peter's nerves.
Gulping, Peter asked, "Who knows a-about the res-results?"

Stark thought briefly then answered, "Me, Pepper, and Natasha. Once you've seen it, you can decide who to tell when."

Slowly, Peter nodded, thinking over Mr Stark's words. It made sense for him to know, and then him to tell Pepper, but Nat knowing was strange. He settled on thinking that she was spying on them and just found out that way, completely unintentional...

Peter was so lost in his thoughts that he failed to realise that they were approaching a set of glass double doors.

Tony noticed too late when Peter walked straight into the door.

Peter didn't exactly fall upon impact, but he didn't stay standing either.
At first he started falling, so he started to turn and position himself to land with his arms ready to break his fall, but then he used his spider powers and half stuck to the door. He was stuck, mid turn, to a glass door with all his limbs in different directions.

"Shit!" he muttered, barely audible.

Then both Peter and Tony's phones buzzed. Peter was unable to get to his due to his state but Tony got his out to see the new message in the group chat.

As his head wasn't stuck to anything, Peter tried to turn it to see Stark's phone.

Unfortunately for him, his face got stuck pressed up against the glass.

The genius billionaire playboy philanthropist turned to look at Peter and laughed. He dared to laugh at Peter! And then he took photos!

"By the way, kid," Stark says between wheezes, "Cap says "language"."

With his speech made even more adorable by his squashed face, Peter whined in response, "You better help me get unstuck or they'll get you..."

Tony rolled his eyes, "Who the hell are they?"
"The audience." Peter supplied.
"What audience?"
"The audience."
"Who's the audience?"
"The audience."
"WHAT FUCKING AUDIENCE??? THERE IS NO ONE HERE!"

Defeated, Spidey sighed, "By this point I'm convinced my whole life is a sketch show some author writes for easy laughs off strangers."

This causes Tony's jaw to drop, and his eyebrows to raise. But he doesn't question it. No point, best not to mention it to Harley either.

By now they were getting late, so Tony decided to be a good mentor and help unstick the Spider.

Tragically, Tony then got stuck to Peter's side.

"I told you my life has become a massive sketch show." Peter stated.

They were about to ask FRIDAY to get someone to help when Harley walked past.