Chapter 36:

Valeria's p.o.v:
I never cried as much like I had in the past few days, I guess this is what I get Karma sure is a bitch. I had given Christian five days to show up and nothing, he didn't show up and now I was a mess, I was pissed at first but then turned into sadness which lead my to drink almost everyday until the last day here in New York, I had my bags packed and ready to go, deep down I knew he wasn't going to show up; but a small part of my still had hope that he would, I had trashed my house in a fit of rage, glass was thrown everywhere, I had gone crazy, and that's how Matteo had found me, in the middle of my living room passed out drunk,hugging a dozen yellow roses, I remember crying and screaming, I had chosen to leave too find answers; turns out that wasn't going to happen any time soon, I was even more mad when I opened my front door and found the roses laying there, I wanted to leave them outside but I couldn't. I was more upset with myself them anything....I had messed up things bad, maybe it wasn't a bad thing, maybe I was better off alone. I wasn't going to like that, but the one true person, I wanted was not showing up, Christian was once again breaking my heart, I was so dumb, I hated myself, I had to move on, I had to do it for me, he clearly wanted nothing to do with me, okay then Christian you made your choice, and now I have to be okay with it, I would respect that, I really should have listened to Matteo but I was so hard headed and didn't want to. I had to apologize to him, I had woken up with a killer headache, it was I realized I was on a airplane, I got up and opened the door and found Matteo sitting facing the room I was in. "Hello princess, welcome to Christian private jet" he said. "What"?! I asked in shock. "Yes were on his jet and you were past out in his room" he said. "Why" I asked. "Because I couldn't leave you there, laying on the ground past out like that, princess that was really reckless, what were you thinking" he asked. "I won't lie to you, I was upset and I opened a bottle, by the third one I was gone, I hardly ever drink so I guess i'm a light weight, I didn't plan to get drunk, it just happened, I'm glad to see that I didn't do anything dangerous" I said. "Oh no princess, you trashed your house, when I came in there was glass everywhere and things thrown all over the place, you were in the middle of your living past out and hugging your roses, I was scared something happened to you so I called your sister she's waiting for you back home" he said. "Why were you at my house" I asked. "I had to come make sure you were okay" he said looking away from me. "Wait did you know that Christian wasn't going to come, you knew didn't you was that what you were trying to tell me and I didn't want to listen to you" I asked crying. "Yes and no princess I'm sorry, it's not my place to tell you" he said. "Listen Matteo I don't want to cry anymore, I know I haven't been the nicest person, but I stopped a lot of the thing I wanted to do, all the bad things that could hurt everyone around me, but then I stopped took a step back and realized that wasn't going to make me happy, and then I saw how happy all the couples around were and it made me want that to, but Raymond was taken, and I almost ruined that for him, by getting in the way, I guess you helped me slowly start to see that day at the ball, I even apologized to Raymond and my sister who I dragged in my mess" I said sitting down beside him. "Did he leave the roses for me or were they sent" I asked. "He sent them to you" he said. "I know what I need to do then, I have to step aside and respect the fact that he wants nothing to do with me, I have to be okay with it, I'll stop asking about him and looking for him, your right I could pay someone to look for him, but he wont like that so I wont do it, I love your brother enough to know that's not what he wants, he moved on so now it's my turn, but I'll learn to watch from the side lines again, I'll love him from afar, just like always" I told still crying. "No that's not fair to you, Valeria" he said. "Well I've tried to talk to him and he won't show up, what more can I do Matteo, I'll just step back and leave it alone, I won't keep hurting myself,not if he's not going too as well"I said. "Well why not talk, to him now" Matteo said. "How Matteo"I asked. "Why don't we call him and ask were he is"He said. "No Matteo" I whined. "Nope to late"he said while calling his brother. "MATTEO" was the first I heard. "Why hello dear brother, is everything okay" Matteo said. "Matteo for the love of god, tell me, were you are" he said. "If you must know I took your jet back home" he smiled. "Matteo I had an important meeting, and you took off without telling me" he said. "Yes and no dear brother, you see I went over to a friends house and found them in really bad state, and this lovely person had to be taken out of the house and back to their home, so I took them with me, do you want to say hello Christian" he said. "Matteo please don't tell me you did what I think you did" he said. "Bingo!!! We have a smart cookie" he laughed. "Matteo please stop" I whispered still crying. "Matteo is that her"Christian asked. "No, no please no" I whimpered. "Christian by the sound of your voice your at her house, sounds to me that they let you in and you saw the in side of the house, well your a whole day behind, I beat you to her, and now she's gone, well actually she's right here next to me, in tears if I might add, you fucked up time" Matteo added. "Matteo let me talk to her please" Christian asked. Matteo looked at me, I shook my head at him, "Princess it's for you" he said. "I-I c-can't Matteo" I whispered. "Come on princess" he said. I got up from my seat to move away from him, I felt myself get dizzy and slowly start to fall over and then everything goes black..........