31

~Ophelia's POV~

Frowning, I dug through my garden, frustrated as I plucked the weeds that were beginning to grow in it. It felt like these darn things sprouted back far too quick.

"Phe!" I heard Saniya yell from across the street, making me sit up on my knees and whip my head around to look at her. She was stood next to Stella's horribly bright hot pink car, waving her hand at me impatiently. "Aren't you gonna hurry your ass up?! You're the only one we're waiting on!" She exclaimed, placing her hands on her hips. With a quick glance at Stella's car, I saw that she was right—everyone was in and ready to go except for me. "S-Sorry!" I stammered in embarrassment, quickly standing up before I sprinted inside to grab my things.

Because it was now Friday, all of us had taken Stella up on her offer to come to her house for the weekend, since she apparently had the most rooms at her house.

I grabbed my bag and made sure I still looked presentable before I headed out of the house, bidding my granny goodbye as I left. Not wanting to keep everyone waiting, I ran across the street after I looked both ways to be sure a car wasn't coming, yanking open the back door. My eyes met Judah's, who raised a brow at me as I just dumbly stared at him. Everyone else had taken up all of the seats, I was now realizing, which left me nowhere to sit.

"Um..." I said awkwardly, my bag dangling from my shoulder. Judah rolled his eyes and grabbed my arm gently, easily hauling me up into the car before slamming the door shut. I squealed in surprise, tripping over several pairs of feet before I stumbled right over into someone's lap. Judah was strong—way too strong. Him pulling me into the car had been more like him yanking a rag doll, honestly.

Now sprawled all across someone's lap, my face burned with embarrassment as I scrambled to get up until I heard a snicker from above me. I glanced up with a frown and, to my utter horror, saw that it was Luke whose lap I was on. My lips parted as I peered up at him, wondering who up in heaven hated me so much that it just had to be Luke's lap that I happened to land on. "Seems like someone was excited to see me." He teased, a playful glint in his eye. Blushing and biting my lip anxiously, I placed my hand on his shoulder and quickly pushed myself up off of him. "I-I tripped!" I excused, huffing. I glanced around at everyone, seeing that, like I'd thought, all of the seats were taken. Kimberly was forced to sit on Idris' lap, as she had no seat either.

"So..." I trailed awkwardly as I looked back at Saniya, who was in the passenger side seat. "Where am I supposed to sit?" I asked, frowning.

From beside me, Luke grinned cheekily and spread his legs a little, peering up at me. "You could sit on my lap, gorgeous." He said bravely, making my head whip over to him at the same time as Stella's. She turned her head around from the front seat so fast I was sure she must've gotten whiplash. "Gorgeous?" She sneered, narrowing her eyes at her boyfriend before she flicked her gaze back and forth between him and I.

I shied away, not wanting to be under her glare. "Why are you calling her that, Luke?" She snapped at him, to which he sighed deeply and poked his head around me so he could look at her. "Is it not true?" He retorted, ignoring her question altogether. That, of course, just made her even more angry. "I don't give a shit whether or not it's true! I'm your girlfriend, so don't fucking go around calling other girls pet names like that." She scowled, turning around in her seat without waiting for him to respond. I, and everyone else in the car, knew that that meant that was the end of that argument. Stella wasn't leaving any room for negotiation, which I didn't blame her for. I'd be mad if I were her, too.

However, Luke wasn't about to let the argument rest. "It's just a name, Stella." He said, bringing the argument right back to life as Stella's hands clenched tightly around the steering wheel. It seemed like she was trying to ignore him, maybe because she didn't want to get into a fight with him in front of everyone. What Luke said next, however, quickly made her flip a switch. "Are you really gonna get pissed at me for calling her gorgeous when you're fucking other guys?" He asked, being so bold as to laugh. He didn't sound angry or upset, but rather just amused at the irony. "Besides, you know my reputation, Stella. I'm a manwhore, aren't I? You can't be that surprised that I'm flirting with her." He added casually, like this was a conversation to be having right in front of us all.