Bad Hair Day (E)

(season 1. episode 1.) Bad Hair day

"As long as you're my best friend . . . you are never going through anything alone."

I sat with my best friend, Alexa Mendoza, in the hospital while she was getting her chemo

I sat with my best friend, Alexa Mendoza, in the hospital while she was getting her chemo. Alexa getting diagnosed with cancer was really hard. The thought of possibly losing your best friend is scary and not something that I wanted anybody to have to go through but no matter what, i would always be there for Alexa.

"Hi! Your entertainment is here." Katie said, walking into the room. Oh, yeah! Katie's my twin and Alexa's best friend as well.

"Katie!" Alexa and I laughed.

"Hey, you started without me."

"Yeah, I have VIP privileges here." Alexa said. "Oh, donuts!"

"So, I got your favorite." Katie told Alexa once she had put the box of donuts down.

"Rainbow sprinkles?" Alexa gasped, opening the box but seeing that her favorite donut wasn't there. "Where is it?"

"You didn't let me finish. I sort of ate it." Katie told her. "Hey, it's a long walk from the donut place."

"The donut place in the lobby?" I asked her.

"That's the one."

"Oh, found our first-day-of-school outfits." Alexa told Katie and I as she flipped through a magazine.

"Fancy." I gasped looking over her shoulder.

"Yeah, and when we wear it, we have to look like this..." Alexa trailed off, striking a pose.

"Wait, does that mean Dr. Breitwieser cleared you for school?" Katie asked.

"I'm starting high school this Monday just like everyone else. And I don't want anyone at school to know. I'd hate it if they treated me all weird." Alexa told us before lightly gasping. "Especially Gwenny Thompson. Can you imagine if she knew I'd been sick?"

"Oh, yeah. You guys might start being nice to each other." I said, sarcastically.

"That would be horrible."

"Ok, but when exactly is the doctor going to let you know you're clear?" Katie asked as she started pacing. "I mean, did he never have a first day of high school? Doesn't he know what this means to us?"

"Can you sit down, please? You're making me nervous around my IV." Alexa told her.

"Wait, seriously? But I am. . . I am so care —" Katie started to say before tripping over absolutely nothing. "Maybe I will sit."

"Oh, and he's calling my mom today at three." Alexa said, nonchalantly.

"What? Wait, why didn't you tell us?" Katie asked.