65| Dilemma

EXCUSE ERRORS

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA

BRADLEY HUGHES,

Bradley stood in the mirror, moisturizing her skin before bed. Dinner had went smoothly, well to her belief. Rashad had already made it back from dropping Izzy back off at the hotel.

"What did you think of dinner?" Bradley asked Rashad as she looked at him through the mirror. He stood beside her at his side of the sink, with his towel around his waist from the shower he had just gotten out of.

He shrugged his shoulders passively. "It was cool," Rashad let out.

Bradley nodded her head. She noticed that Rashad had been a little on edge all night since dinner. She didn't want to broadcast it in front of Izzy so she held out on questioning him. "What's the matter babe?" Bradley sighed out.

Rashad glanced over to her. "I'm cool," He assured her.

Bradley turned towards him with her arms folded across her chest. "Rashad, I know you better than I know myself. I know when something is bothering you," Bradley tells him.

Rashad lets out a deep sigh. He ran his hands down his face in distress, Bradley instantly being overcome with worry as she eyed him. "When do we ever hold out on each other?" Bradley asked him. "Whatever it is, you can tell me," She assures.

Rashad had been conflicted since Bradley had come home. His whole life could just blow up right in front of his face. Rashad just couldn't stand withholding the truth from Bradley because he knew that she would never do a thing as such to him. The day Izzy got out of prison, Duke and Rashad chilled with him and that night he was able to confirm the details of the hit they fulfilled on Israel. At the time, no one knew how complex the situation would become, Rashad now on the verge of marrying Bradley with children.

There was a possibility that there was no coming back from it. Bradley lived hard and she use to love Israel just as much as she loved Rashad. At one point, Israel was her Rashad and she couldn't see nothing passed him. Hearing that her present and future killed her past would devastate her to no return.

Once Izzy confirmed the hit, play by play, Rashad couldn't shake the images that flashed his head. He suddenly remembered pulling the trigger. The way Israel's blood splatted once the bullet went clean through his skull. Him falling to the ground repeated through his head constantly. A part of Rashad felt guilty. He had gained so much from the demise of someone else.

What he hated the most was that, the other part of him felt as though he deserved everything he got and had with Bradley. The love, happiness, children. He didn't care that he had to take someone out to get what he always wanted in life.