Picture us together • Pope

940 word count

(I put where to play the song)

Y/n's P.O.V

I've had crush on Pope for the longest time. It's pretty obvious even to me that he only saw me as a friend and nothing more.

I tried flirting with him and he just turned me down or completely ignored me. I wasn't going to give up or at least not yet.

"Hey y/n!" JJ says smiling as he comes up to me giving me a high five. "There's my favorite" John B said winking as he gave me a hug. "Hey" Pope said quietly just nodding his head.

I loved John B and JJ but as friends. "Hey Kie" I said walking over to her and sitting on the spot next to her. "Hey y/n" she said smiling.

"What are we gonna do today?" I asked as I scrolled through my instagram feed on my phone. "We should go to the beach" Kiara said. "Yes I need new pictures for instagram" I said giggling.

"Well what are we waiting for?" JJ asked as he stood up. We all followed him outside and got in the van. John B drove while Kiara sat in the passenger seat. I sat across Pope and laid my head on JJ's lap.

"I'll take your pictures i'm the best photographer here" JJ said as he played with my hair. I swear I heard Pope scoff.

"We are here" John B said as he parked the car. I ran to the sand and as I was running I felt myself get tackled by John B then soon JJ and the whole group. We all laughed and got up and decided on a place to sit down at.

"Camera ready?" JJ asked pretending to take pictures of me with his hands. I nodded eagerly as I handed him my phone.

I did a few poses and I saw Pope glance at me from time to time but didn't think anything of it.

Once we were done I showed the group the photos. "Which one should I post?" I asked.

 "Which one should I post?" I asked

"I love the first one" John B said

"I love the first one" John B said. "Yes you look hot in all of them but the first one is just" Kiara said making a face where her eyes went wide and jaw dropped. "It's nice" Pope said shrugging, I rolled my eyes as I turned to JJ.

*Start the song*

"It's easy when you have an amazing model" He tells me bumping my shoulder as a blush spread over my cheeks. "Ow" I heard him mumble as he rubbed his leg where Pope's hand was by.

"Posted" I said smiling as I showed them my phone.
"I'm bored" I added lying down on the towel beneath me. "Let's play spin the bottle" Kie said wiggling her eyes brows.

"Ew" I said laughing. "Let's do it!" JJ said rubbing his hand together. "You guys are gross" I said cringing. It was weird cause Kie and I were the only girls but from the way she looked at me I knew she did it so I could have a chance to kiss Pope.

"Pope first" John B said as he placed a water bottle he just finished on the sand. He spun it and I swear it felt like forever and slowly but surely it landed on me .

I tried not to smile but the look on Pope's face made my face go pale. "Can I spin again?" He asked looking at the group. I felt a pang in my chest as the words slipped out of his mouth.

"What-" Kiara said confused. I have had enough I got up and grabbed my stuff before leaving quickly.

"Y/n don't leave..." John B yelled. "Are you crazy?" JJ said getting mad at Pope. I ignored their calls for me but with each step I took in the sand my heart broke even more.

The only guy I had a crush on just rejected me in front of all my friends. I didn't cry my mom taught me from a very young age not to cry for a boy. Even though I really really wanted to.

I felt a tug on my wrist pull me back and make me stumble. I turn around to see the person who stopped me. Pope. "What?" I asked as I yanked my hand away.

"Y/n I didn't mean it" he said softly as if I was made of glass. "Is it really that hard to picture us together?" I said finally letting it out. "What?" He asked confused.

"Pope I have liked you for years and it's obvious but I don't want to be waiting for you so just tell me now!" I said as my voice cracked.

"Y/n..." I rolled my eyes. "Bye Pope" I said turning around and starting to walk away. "Wait" he said and he pulled me into him roughly placing his lips on mine.

I was taken aback by the sudden gesture but kissed back almost immediately. Once I realized what I was doing I pulled away.

"What was that?" I asked. "Y/n I like you too. I just thought you had a crush on JJ since you guys were flirting the whole time so I didn't want to make a move" "Shut up" I said pulling him in for another kiss.

"Get it Pope" I heard JJ yell from the distance and I felt myself smile against his lips.

Was it worth the wait? Yes...yes it was

I hope y'all enjoyed this I love you guys sm! Vote and comment it means a lot Bye!🤍