13| She likes Mr Doctor

Started writing on 21st June 2020.
Completed on 22nd June 2020.
Word count : 3014 words
_______________________________

- D I V Y A -

"So Divya. I want each and every information. When did you fell in love with your husband and married him?" Natasha asked. I'm just pissed off with this question. Everyone just asks the same question, 'when and how did we fell in love?'. I mean what will they do after hearing our story.

Create your own story dude. Aah! I'm being pissed off.

So Natasha asked me on a coffee in evening after completing our respective works. Not that we're dating and stuff. It's just a normal friendly coffee talk. Well, dating the same gender is now legal in India so...... I thought that you all would think the coffee meeting like that. But to clarify I'm already married. My nuptial chain hanging in my neck is a big fat proof, what more do you need to know.

"Well, it's a long story. What would you do after listening that story?" I said.

"I just want to know. I'm your best friend and also your batchmate." She clarified adjusting her glasses onto her nose. She's an actress, so wearing a mask and glasses is just normal daily routine.

"You are my batchmate? You're an actor and I'm a CA."

"I mean I just dropped out from the course. That doesn't mean I was not your batchmate." She took her goggles and mask off. "You know I tried the CA course but it was a little too hard for me. You should understand my feeling too." She said the last line with puppy eyes. She really hasn't changed a bit. Seven years ago she was the same girl and now also she knows how to get her wishes fulfilled.

"I know I know." I waved my hands. "Well Natasha, I never thought that you would get in this stream, I mean it's just a surprise for everyone. How did you get a thought about acting?" I asked.

"You know I couldn't get my focus on studies those days, so I just dropped out. And then one day there was an audition. I went there and my luck really came good. And see where I am now. India's beauty. You should be euphoric to see my and talk to me personally. People die to meet me." She winked.

"If people die then how do they meet you? After becoming a ghost?"

"Ghost? Why would I meet ghosts? Wait, you're fabulous in changing the topic. Now tell me how you both met" she said "and with full explanation."she ordered.

And I told her everything I could make up at the moment. I told her that we were classmates which is true. We were each others' enemies and fought each other's presence which is also true. Then the lies started : I met him in the office and we fell in love and bla bla bla.........

"So cool. It would be a great storyline for shooting. Your story is really great." She said and all I could say was nothing.

'Our Story'. Huh. Who wants to make a story with him. Disgusting.

"Divya...." She said in a low voice and I knew something was wrong. I just hummed sipping my Mocha. "You're so lucky that you got a guy. See me." She shouted in fake cry and I looked towards her as she asked me to do so. No offence.

"You know when we were in our teenage, I got a dozen of proposals and you were single and studied in all of your time. I was sure that I would marry earlier than you. But now, what's happening? I'm still single." She started her fake crying once more.

"But you're a star. Every guy would be willing to marry you, then why are you still single?"

"Why am I still single? What do you think? Will I marry everyone who like me? For God's sake, I'm a star. I won't marry a no-one. I want someone who's as good as I am. I'm Natasha. Natasha Mehta!!"