Chapter 26 - Bold

Elena's POV

I wrapped the towel around my body, slowly turning to head out of the bathroom but paused when I realized Angelo was still in there. He stood leaning against the bathroom sink with a towel hanging dangerously low around his hips. He held the edge of the sink while sporting a handsome and genuine smile, his eyes running over me admiringly.

"I thought you left," I mumbled, pushing the wet strands of my hair behind my ear while climbing down the three small steps leading to the bathtub.

"Left where?" He pushed himself off the counter, slowly taking the few steps to close the space between us.

"No, I mean, I thought you were in the bedroom already."

"And miss that view of you? I think not." He stated, taking my wrist and pulling me the rest of the way. His hand slid into my wet hair as he pulled me into him, gently placing a tender kiss upon my lips.

I kissed him a bit harder before playfully pushing him away from me to gain a space that I could slip past and head into the room. I heard him chuckling behind me as I headed towards the bed with a towel in hand drying my hair. I felt his hands land on my waist from behind me while he placed a gently chaste kiss upon my shoulder.

Suddenly, a phone rang loudly in the room grabbing both of our attention. I looked over my shoulder at him strangely.

"You have a hotel phone in your own apartment?" I questioned him, eyeing the telephone on the bedside table.

"Yeah..." He trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck. "People often need to get a hold of me and I tend to leave my cell phone behind -"

"When you're having fun with your bimbos on this floor. Got it." I shot him an awkward smile. The phone had stopped ringing but I saw the expression on his face. He was annoyed by my remark and to be honest, I don't know why I said it.

He opened his mouth to speak, his facial expression serious with his index finger pointed towards me in a scolding manner. However, the loud blaring of the telephone rung throughout the room once more causing him to groan in frustration.

"Don't move." He commanded me. He turned away and quickly picked up the handset off the telephone, bringing it to his ear.

"Sì (Yes)?"

He was silent for a few moments.

"Tell him to calm the fuck down. I will call him back in 5 minutes."

Angelo began taking the phone away but a faint voice could be heard speaking again, making him bring it back to his ear to listen.

"No!" He shouted a bit too loudly down the phone. "He does not need to come up to the penthouse. I will meet him at the pool in 5 minutes. Ora, non disturbarmi più e assicurati che l'idiota resti al piano di sotto (Now, don't bother me again and make sure that idiot remains downstairs)!"

With that, he slammed the phone down, turning to me abruptly as my eyes diverted from his gaze.

"Now, let's get one thing straight here, Elena." His voice was low and authoritative as his fingers gripped my chin and lifted my head.

"Don't you ever refer to yourself as a bimbo. Got it? You are not one of my pass-time playthings and if you haven't deciphered that by now, for many reasons, then I'll take you right back into that room and you won't leave until it's edged into your brain."

I swallowed hard, my eyes growing wider with his words.

"And what I was going to say when you interrupted me was that I tend to leave my cellphone behind as a regular occurrence in many different places. My mind gets preoccupied and I often forget about it. Sometimes I wonder if I subconsciously do it to get away from the fucking thing." He scoffed with a roll of his eyes. I bit my lip, contemplating whether I should speak or not.