If You Were Turned

A/N: The angst train continues! Enjoy!

Oh, and also! From here out, this book is not going to have more regular updates. I'll still do holiday-themed oneshots, such as for Christmas and New Year's, but effectively, this is the last update unless you request more. It'll be marked as complete, but don't worry!

--

Tanjiro:

His first reaction is, "Take me to (y/n)!" Being the ever-optimist he is, he's convinced that he can snap you out of your rage, and if he can't, then maybe he can stop your rampage. When he sees you, he's overwhelmed with sadness -- just hours ago, you were happy, you were safe, you were human.

Still, he can't help but feel awful for the demon rampaging in front of him, even as you snarl at the slayers. He begs you to snap out of it, to come back to your senses and him, and he blocks every swipe of your claws as you lash out. There's no blood on your face or hands, so you must've just been changed -- and that gives him hope.

Of course he has Nezuko and the others (plus Giyuu) for backup, but he's determined to do this fight alone. It's only when you have him cornered against a broken shack that you suddenly seem to snap out of it, staggering away from him with a mournful wail. He watches in surprise as you run off, your eyes becoming more human. Nezuko only needs a nod of approval before she's scampering after you.

Nezuko:

When she hears the news from her brother, she's devastated. All she wanted was to keep you safe, to keep you from becoming the monster that she is, and she's failed. So of course she goes with him to try and calm you down. They found you hiding away in a shrine, crying to yourself.

Nezuko went in first, knowing that you'd recognize her and stay calm. Sure enough, when you saw her, you ran to her and hugged her tight, apologizing profusely. She simply stroked your hair, listening to your blubbering patiently. When Tanjiro came in, you begged him to help change you back, and he agreed. Nezuko held your hand the whole time you left to go find Tamayo.

Zenitsu:

Zenitsu freaked out when he heard about what happened. He rushed to find you, and when he did, he could only watch as you prepared yourself a little resting place for during the day. When you caught sight of him, you startled, hiding yourself in the trees.

He called out to you, but you wouldn't come out. Disappointed, he finally left, promising to come back with help.

Inosuke:

Inosuke couldn't believe it. He just couldn't. He rushed to find you, only to see you writhing on the ground in pain. He yelled at you to get up, and while you reacted to his voice, you didn't get up.

He stayed at your side while the venom worked its way through your body, and when you at last woke, he helped you off so that you could find Tanjiro and some help.

Giyuu:

Giyuu broke into tears as he beheld you. You'd begged him to kill you as soon as you turned, but seeing your scared, wide eyes scanning over your new body, he just couldn't do it.

He quickly knocked you out and carried you to safety, looking for Tanjiro. He knew the boy had connections to a healer who specialized in helping demons, so perhaps she would have a way to change you back. If she couldn't, well... at least he would have exhausted all of his options besides giving you a mercy kill.