°Challenge°

'Hey Shamu' Kaycee greeted, breaking out into a fit of coughs.

'Good morning, baby. Everything okay?' He smiled back, worry etched on his face as he watched his girlfriend cough abnormally.

'Yeah, it's juts a cough' she giggled, only for her coughs to get worse.

'You sure?'. Kaycee meekly nodded, her coughs making her unable to reply back. She made her way inside his room, Sean following close behind as she made herself at home in his bed.

'I was thinking that we could do a challenge' Kaycee coughed, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

'What kind of challenge do you have in mind?'

'It may sound weird, but do you think you could live a day without me?' Kaycee asked nervously, her coughing coming to a slow stop.

'I guess so, but why would I want to be away from my baby?' Sean chuckled, embracing the petite girl into his arms.

'I was thinking we could do this challenge, where we have to go a whole day without each other. No texting. No communication.' Kaycee suggested, pulling away from the hug and straddling his lap.

'That seems too hard. Let's do something else' Sean complained, squeezing her waist.

'Oh come on, twinkle toes. Please' Kaycee begged, clasping her hands together, while making a puppy face.

'Ugh. How am I meant to say no to that?' Sean whined, leaving a trail of kissses down her neck. 'Fine, just one day'.

'Thanks, baby. Okay, I'm going back home, see ya' Kaycee waved off, already removing herself from Sean's lap.

'Wait, we're doing the challenge today?' Sean asked visibly annoyed.

'Yeah, you goof. Obviously. I gotta go, bye' Kaycee laughed, her coughs starting again.

'No, baby. That's not fair' Sean whined, throwig a tantrum like a five year old.

'Stop being such a baby. You'll be fine. I gotta go, Shamu. I promised mom that I'd help her with uh- shopping' Kaycee lied, rushing out of his room before he could question her on why she was lying. 'Bye baby'.

'Bye Kayc' he groaned, flopping down onto his bed. 'This is going to be way too hard'. He shuffled out of his bed, sliding on a pair of slippers before making his way down to the kitchen where his family had began eating breakfast.

'Hey guys' Sean greeted, sending his family half smiles.

'Where's Kaycee?' Serris asked, checking behind Sean.

'We're doing this challenge, to see if we could go a whole day without each other. It was her idea. My beautiful angel just has to come up with the worst ideas' he groaned, already missing Kaycee as he stole a strawberry from his sister's plate.

'Aww, my baby brother misses his girlfriend' Sarah teased, pinching his cheeks. 'It's only been like an hour since you've woken up'.

'Only an hour? Oh god, why can't time fly by when I want it to' he whined, stomping his feet on the wooden floor.

'You are such a mess without her' Serris laughed, patting his back supportively. 'Now you can spend some quality time with us. I know you want to' Serris joked.

'I guess, I might as well. I've got nothing to do anyways' Sean gave in, leaning his head onto Sarah's shoulder. 'Anything to make time go faster'.

.

'So did you tell him?' Laura asked, as Kaycee fastened her seatbelt into the buckle.

'No-it was too hard. I just couldnt' Kaycee whimpered, on the verge of tears. 

'Kaycee, baby.' Her mom cooed, bringing her daughter into her embrace. 'I love you'.

'I love you too' she cried, feeling the pain in her lungs deepen, as she began panting heavily, oxygen getting stuck in her throat. 

'You'll be okay. You're okay, baby' Laura whispered, her hand on Kaycee's knee as she drove them back to their house. 'Please God, tell me she'll be okay' she prayed.

'I'm f-fine, mom' Kaycee stutterered, taking deep breaths in. One, two, three. In, out, she thought to herself, her labored breathing slowly becoming normal again. 

'Please protect her, God' Laura whispered, loud enough for Kaycee to hear. 'Pleas take care of my baby'.

'Mom, I'm okay' Kaycee sighed, holding one of her mom's hand. 'I'm okay'. Laura didn't say anything in response, her tears silently trickling down her face as she gripped onto her daughter's hand for dear life.

The drive back home took longer than expected, Kaycee slowly walking inside, careful not to exhaust her own body. She smiled at her family seated in the living room, their faces clearly telling Kaycee that they were worried and panicked for her life. She walked by them nonetheless, walking to her room and sitting down on her desk where she began writing a short note. One for Sean. Her love. She was praying that she'd be okay, putting on a brave face for her family. But she knew that her coughs and lung pains weren't nothing. She knew that it was a sign.

Once finished, she quietly made her way back downstairs, her mom's and dad's face traumatized and in pain. Her siblings face stained with tears and unrest.

'Guys, I'm fine' Kaycee groaned, ignoring the sharp pain that shot through her chest. 'Seriously, I'll be okay'

'Kaycee' Kylie cried, carefully embracing her sister. 'I love you so much'. Devon joined in on the group hug followed by their mom, dad  and then her two dogs. All carefully surrounding her, not applying too much pressure onto her body. 'I love you' they all cried in unison. 

Her family stayed like that for the rest of the night, only waking up when they heard Kaycee gasp in her sleep, panting abnormally. 

Goodbye angel

The next morning 

'Kayc! Kayc!' Sean called out, raising up his brows when he noticed no one was home or responding to his calls. 'Kayc? Are you home? Everything okay?' He called out again, walking inside to her room.

His mind slowly panicked, seeing no one in her room, her photos taken down, her bed unmade. Slowly, he spotted a sheet of paper on her desk. 

Baby, it wrote on the outside, her messy joint writing causing a smile to from on his lips. He slowly opened the envelope, where her cancer result was stapled inside along with her condition. Tears trickled down his cheek, his mind slowly processing the reality. He opened the other sheet of paper encased inside, his tears only growing heavier by the second.

Well done baby, you completed the challenge. Now please do it everyday, I love you.

AN| HEY GUYS 👋! HOW ARE Y'ALL?

BACK WRITING MY SAD CHAPTERS. SORRY. 😔😔. I HOPE YOU SOMEWHAT LIKED IT. 

IM NEARLY AT 5K READS. AHHHH, THANK YOU GUYS SM.XXX

❤️❤️❤️

MAKE SURE TO COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE

LOVE YOU GUYS,

XXX