XLVIII

January 23, 1942
_________________________________________

"Ms. Choi! I found this letter on our doorstep, and its for you," a woman's voice called out.

"Yes nana? Thank you," the lady replied as she took the letter from her nanny's grasp.

"It may be from a secret admirer, right? Or a boyfriend maybe?" She asks, a sly smile plastered on her face.

"Oh please nana, I get so many admirers just because my mother is the prettiest, or maybe because they're playing with me," she replied and the nanny chuckles as she stands beside me.

"But you need a boyfriend, you're eighteen now. All your friends are married now," she said with a crinkled smile.

"Well, maybe I'm a late bloomer. I rejected every man because they just don't catch my eye, but I may find the one someday," she replies and chuckles.

"I'll be leaving you in your privacy Ms. Choi, your mother is requesting for a meal," she smiled as she walked away from her, closing the door at the process.

The woman sat on the wooden chair near her bed. Her long and white dress touching the floor as she stared at the letter in her hand.

Another admirer? Or is it just one of those chain letters?

This woman was known for her rich suitors, and admirers who would try their best to be her prince charming on a white horse. Her mother was strict, who lectured to her daughter about finding the right man and how to act like a lady with etiquettes.

She takes a blade and places it under the lip of the sealed envelope, ripping it open.

She puts down the blade and opens the envelope, a small folded paper was inside of it. She takes it and unfolds it.

After she unfolds it, she looks at the amount of Korean letters neatly written on the letter.

Dear beautiful,

There's a secret muffin fair today. I hope you come outside the fields so I could give a special treat to the woman which holds every man's heart dear.

Sincerely,
The Muffin Man

The Muffin Man?

The woman chuckles lightly at the oddly cute letter written. It was certainly not the kind of letter she recieves.

Grabbing her small basket and slipping on her sandals, she makes her way out of her bedroom and into the huge hallway where her nanny and mother is.

"Good Afternoon, mother," she greets her mother and nanny.

"Good Afternoon my dear, where are you going?" The mother asks, curiosity in her face.

"I'm going out," she replies briefly.

"On a date?" The nanny pipes up.

"No nana, I guess... I have to meet up with someone?" She replies and wears a small smile.

"I see, well my darling, I hope you come back before dinner," the mother said and the girl nodded before heading to the exit.

As the door closed, signalling the daughter left, the mother turned to the nanny who was pouring her a hot cup of sweet tea.

"Your daughter really needs a man at this age," The nanny chuckles and the mother smiles softly.

"True nana, but she needs to find the right man. She is eighteen and her friends have children now, I guess she's really a girl who has high standards," the mother replied, bringing the cup of tea closer to her lips.

-

The woman walks outside her house. And as soon as she does, pairs of eyes were set on her. Some were eyes full of envy, and some were eyes full of love and want. But it was soon washed away when the she quickly walks to the green fields.

She steps in the fields full of lavenders. Her eyes set upon the birds spreading their wings on the sky.

Her eyes soon lowered down as she spots a figure infront of her, back facing with its head at the sky.

"Excuse me," she yells a bit, audible enough for the man who was meters away from her.

The person quickly turns its head and gazes at her for a while before facing her completely, body turning to meet her.

And her heart dropped as she looked at the person's face, it was a man.

Wavy locks of brown covering his face, being played and ruffled by the wind. Thin lips curved up into a beautiful grin as his warm brown eyes stare into her being. She swallows the lump in her throat.

A white button up was draped on his upper body, a few buttons unbuttoned to reveal a sharp collarbone, and his sleeves were rolled up to show his obvious biceps. And black pants covered his lower body paired with black shoes.

"A-are you the... muffin man?" The woman stutters, at this point she doesn't even know what she's saying.

"Mm-hmm, hello beautiful," he chuckles as he nears her, their bodies centimeters from each other.

The girl looks up to her, lips pursed as she gazes at the man's features.

"Actually, that wasn't my actual letter," he laughs lightly, scratching the the back of his neck as he digs inside his pocket, taking out a small folded paper.

She takes the paper and opens it, but before she unfolded it to read it fully, the ridiculously good-looking man reaches his hand over to her, a slight blush powdering his cheeks.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook, can we be friends?" he asks, a toothy bunny smile on his face which made the woman's heart drop a bit because of how cute he looked.

This was the first time she ever felt different with a man, specifically a good-looking man.

It took her breath away, and something tugged her heart as she looked at him.

"I'm...," she paused pulling out her free hand to meet the man's soft palms.

His hands were much bigger, and he engulfed her hand, it somehow made her feel safe, and secured.

"I'm Choi Chaehee, and yes, lets be friends."

-----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote or Annabelle's sleeping with y'all

OoOohh its from the pAstTttT

Okay so some people are saying I'm not so warm and sweet, because I'm literally expressing my love to y'all by updating three times a week, like look at how I sacrifice so y'all could be happy. Its because I love you guys very much and I won't trade you guys for anything because everyday your comments make me soft and happy and you guys are just so bootiful and cute and amazing and I can't live without such supporting fans like you guys because you guys made me begin and I just feel so sad seeing people waiting for an update so yea uwuwu💜

Did ya know?

People around 16-18 back in the time are considered as people who are ready to get married :)

Anyway, I'll explain as the story goes if y'all are getting confused.