» 76

The next few days had gone quite fast- Sunday having come around within the blink of an eye.

While having played games, watching movies, shopping and cooking being on the agenda, time disappeared in thin air.

Tae loves it at the Lee house hold, he had finally warmed up to Jeno after realising that they had cats who slept in Jenos room- so naturally Tae moved into his room too.

Tae and Hyuna also loved Chanmi's cooking and Hyuna would often find herself helping, in a way of thanking Chanmi for accepting her and her brother into their house with open arms.

"I want to thank you again, for everything," Hyuna said as she sat on the bar stool and leant against the counter.

"Hunny, you need to stop thanking me, I did what was right." Chanmi said, blowing onto the wooden spook to cool the liquid before walking over and allowing Hyuna to taste it- earning a thumbs up and a big smile. 
"Besides, you're like the daughter I never had-"

"You do realise I have a sister right," Jeno yelled out from the lounge room before going back to playing his game with Jaemin.

"If you're talking about the cats, I'm gonna come over there an roundhouse kick you on the back of the head. I meant human daughter. "

"Fine, but it's not like you call them my siblings too!"

Chanmi's eyes narrowed, arm coming up as if she were gonna hit him before she dropped her head and shook it in disappointment.

Hyuna couldn't help but giggle at the interaction between the two.

Chanmi only sighed before she went back to cooking as she tried to forget the words her son had said.

"Well, I thank you for thinking me apart of your family, you've honestly been a better mother than my own."

{}

"Hey love," Jaemin called out as he knocked on the door of their shared room, waiting for her permission to come in.

"Yeah?" She opened the door, looking up to him as she continued to dry her wet hair.

"I- uh, wanted to take you somewhere." He said, scratching the back of his nape as nerves flooded him once more.

Hyuna looked back at the clock, eye brows furrowing before she looked back to the boy, "it's almost 5, the suns gonna set soon."

"Uh, yeah. I wanted to go watch the sunset."

She looked between his eyes before shrugging, "sure why not, just give me five so I can put something warm on."

Jaemin watched as the door shut in front of him and he took a step back until his back hit the other wall.

"Actually love," he called out to her as something went off in his head.

"Yeah."

"Take as long as you need, I need to go out and grab something. I won't be long."

"Okay? See you soon," she said confused at his sudden urge, but I guess the last ten minutes have been kinda rushed so she didn't think much of it and continued on getting dressed.

It wasn't much time later when she exited the room, not hearing that Jaemin was back yet and using the time to wander down the hall.

Photo frames litter the walls. Photos of flowers or people she didn't know, family gatherings and baby pictures of Jeno- which she found herself cooing at.

But there was one picture that caught her attention. One that made her stop in her tracks and really examine it.

The picture held two young girls, around their early teenage years, holding hands and posing- they must be teenagers.

One of them must of been Chanmi, but there was something familiar about the other girl, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

She was wracking her brain to find any recollection of the other girl in the photo, she was so lost in thought that she didn't hear Chanmi walk up to her and call her name.

Only when she placed a hand on her shoulder was when Hyuna jumped out of her thoughts, quickly looking up to Chanmi as she shook a little in fright.

"Oh gosh you scared me," she said placing a hand on her heart.

"Must've been lost in thought," Chanmi said looking from the girl to the picture.

"Is that you?" Hyuna asked, looking up and watching as Chanmi nodded her head.

"You were beautiful," she said in awe over the old photo.

"Thank you hunny."

"May I ask who the other girl is?" She asked looking at the other girl now and still trying to figure out who she was.

Hyuna waited for her response, silence surrounded the two before Chanmis word cut through it like thin ice.

"Your mother."

—————

Update: I got the tattoo!!

I really like it personally, I think she did a good job

It also is smaller in real life than what the photo is showing aha