Chapter-9

Xavier's POV -

I can't believe she is this innocent, to the point where she can be taken as stupid. Although she is very intelligent, what use it is off, when she doesn't understand who is her well-wisher and is fooling her. Her uncle-aunt is clearly cheating her.

These things were going around my head when I was coming out of the washroom. Then I heard a girl's voice. She was almost crying. I looked to the other end of the corridor and saw that three guys were blocking a girl's way. She was literally begging them to let her pass.

No Xav, it's none of your business. You promised her that you will behave today.

I tried to convince myself to not get into their matter, but then I saw one of the guys tried to hold her shoulder, that was the limit. I stride over to them. The guy who was going to touch the girl, I took his hand in mine and hold it tightly, very tightly. The pain was very evident on his face, but because of his ego, he couldn't let it out.

"Hello, guys. I saw one of the teachers around the corner. You don't want them to see this." I pointed my finger towards the girl. Then I  moved to her.

"Why would we believe you? And who the hell are you?" The guy asked.
"I'm Xavier. I'm new here." I was directly telling this to the girl. I hope with my big smile, she can feel relaxed. I looked at the guys and said "and you know an interesting fact about me, I was expelled from 8 schools before I came here. You know why? Because of kids like you. It will be good for you all to leave now before things get out of your hands."  My voice was deep and serious. By the look on their faces, I understood that get what I am saying. But again, their male ego comes in between.

What should I do? I made a promise, but these guys are not backing down. I think she will understand.

After that, everything happened in a blur. I visited the principal's office at this school too. But it's nothing new to me. The girl came and explained everything to the principal.

I have been to the principal office many times, but it is the first time when the principal told me that I did well to stop them, but I should never use violence to do the good deed otherwise the good in the matter will be covered by the bad. This is what my father always tells me, whenever I went into a fight.

Now here I'm waiting for my punishment. She seems very angry but still cute. How could she be this angry and cute at the same time? I wanted to take her my arms to calm her down, but with her temper, I'll get hit. So I stayed quiet.

She was hurt and angry. When she started to say that I didn't keep the promise that hit me hard.

I got angry, very angry... at myself.

Obviously, she is angry, she still doesn't know the reason why I fight. If I was in her place, I would have reacted like that. She must be thinking that I am the kind of person who can't keep his promises. Will she stop being my friend now?

I should get out of here. I will not give her time to think like this. I'll give her time to calm down, then I'll explain to her what happened and then she will not be angry.

I went to the place, where we decided to have lunch. She is very angry right now, she could never think of this place. I'm safe here.

I sat there and think of the information she gave me this morning. She does not know anything about her uncle-aunt's intentions. I sighed. I can't let her give her parents hard work to her greedy and ungrateful family. I wouldn't have minded if they have treated her fairly but they did not. Which is bothering me very much. I have to talk to dad about this.

I heard some rustling. So I guess I'm not that safe here. She sat beside me. It was 'before the storm' type of quiet between us. Before I could say, or explain or even beg to not break our friendship she hugged me.

My heart was about to explode with the closeness. I literally stopped breathing. After some time, when I felt like she was not going to say anything, I took a deep breath.

What I'm feeling right now? I feel like I'm flying. There are millions of butterflies in my stomach. Can friends have this type of feeling?

Then I heard her soft voice."I'm really very sorry. I didn't know why you did that. I'm not a good friend. I should have some trust in you." I moved a little. I took her chin in my hand and lifted her head up. One teardrop falls on my hand, then I realized that she was crying. I become sad. I gave her a small smile and said "I did break the promise." I put my hand on her cheek. She nuzzled her face in my hand, "I thought you are angry with me and wants to stop being my friend. I was scared, I don't have any other friends. Please, if you want to scold me, you can." She said with tears still running from her eyes.

Oh! Girl. How could you ever think of it? How could I want to end our friendship? After all, I'm starting to realize that you are becoming someone very special to me.

"That's never going to happen. You are not getting rid of me that easily." I smiled and put my forehead against her.

I took her hand and dragged her inside. I didn't want to, but lunch is about to over and we didn't have any food.

***************

We took our lunch plates and looked for a place to sit. Everyone was still staring at us. But it was less irritating today.

We were eating quietly when another plate was placed near Anna's plate. We looked up and the girl I rescued today, was standing and smiling at us. She sat beside Anna, without asking, I might add.

"Hi. Can I sit here?"

Didn't she ask the question a little too early? I thought to myself.

"Yeah, sure," Anna replied.

"Yeah, yeah, you don't need to ask," I said.
Anna looked at me. I think she got my sarcasm.

"I'm Kate. Thanks for today. I'm very grateful" she said to me.

I looked at Anna, she was smirking at me, like she was telling me that this girl fancies me. I frowned, I gave her a look.

You are insane.

She understood me because she chuckled a little. This Kate girl didn't stop for a second the remaining lunchtime.

I found out, she is in the same classes as us. I think she is going to stick with us for a long time.

**************

Hello, lovelies.

I hope you like it. Please give it a lot of votes to show your appreciation.