At LCorp

At 7:30 AM, Jess stood in front of the elevator at the top floor of LCorp, clipboard in hand.

The top floor of LCorp housed only one office, Lena Luthor's office, much to the brunette's chagrin in the beginning. The CEO had argued against taking up a whole floor, and Jess had argued that it was for security reasons that the office take the top floor. It had been an interesting argument, one that Jess won.

Along with that argument, Jess had insisted on placing two security on the top floor, hand chosen by herself. The two security guards, Stevie and Bailey, were loyal to a fault, one thing Jess was made certain of.

There were several panic buttons placed throughout the floor, organized by Jess. The panic buttons would alert the rest of the security guards, and would notify the NCPD.

If there is one thing that was true, it would be that Jess was great at her job.

The elevator opened, and Lena Luthor and a Golden Retriever Puppy stepped out.

Jess inwardly squealed at the sight of the puppy, who was wearing a collar that was a red bow tie, matching Lena's red pantsuit.

Jess cleared her throat. There would be time to pet the dog later.

It was time to go to work.

--------------------------------------------------------

Kara looked around the floor, her nose picking up multiple smells. She saw Jess and two security guards

"Good morning, Ms. Luthor." Jess and the security guards said in unison. The two security guards bowed their head a little towards the CEO.

"Good morning Jess, Stevie, Bailey." Lena walked towards the doors to her office, leash in hand. Jess opened the door to the office.

"Hello Jess!" Kara barked towards Jess, then she turned towards the security guards. "Hello! Nice to meet you!" The security guards were new.

"Mr. Wales will be here in approximately 30 minutes." Jess read off the schedule. "At 10:30 AM, the R&D department will come up to give their report on the progress of the alien detection device. Then.." Jess continued to list the meetings for the day.

Kara followed Lena's lead, tilting her head at Jess's words. 'Alien detection device?'

Lena kneeled down beside Kara, and unclipped the leash from the collar. Once Jess finished listing the meetings, Lena asked, "Anything else Jess?" Lena stood back up, and walked over to her desk, placing down her purse and the red leash.

Once her leash was off, Kara trailed off to the other side of Lena's office where there was a large kennel, with a memory foam bed inside, along with two dog bowls. There were a couple of toys inside the kennel, toys which Kara sniffed. There was a puppy pad inside as well. It was quite a large kennel. She kept her ears open to Lena's and Jess's conversation.

"Your lunch with Cat Grant is scheduled for tomorrow at noon. Your transport is already scheduled to be waiting for you downstairs at 11:30 AM. " Jess looked down at her clipboard, then glanced at Kara, who tilted her head. "Will you be taking uh-"

'Lunch with Cat Grant? At Catco?' Kara padded over to Jess, then sat down, looking up at the secretary. 'Tell me more! Maybe I can contact James.' Kara's tail began to wag. James could help.

"I have yet to name her, but yes, I will be taking her. According to one of the books you gave me, it's good for an owner and her dog to spend as much time together." Lena walked over to her desk, turning her desktop on, and then she sat down in her chair.