chapter 28

"I'm sorry", Jeno apologized the moment he separated his lips from mine

"I'm sorry", Jeno apologized the moment he separated his lips from mine. "I should've waited for you to give me permission."

There was something that didn't feel right. Maybe it was the timing or something else. It felt somewhat empty. A possibility could be because I wasn't prepared to let my first kiss go like that.

"You do know you're looking like a tomato right now?", Jeno questioned, chuckling afterwards.

"Way to steal my first kiss just like that", I sighed, cupping my hot cheeks that I didn't have control over.

"It's also my first kiss, but I'm glad that it's you that I had it with", Jeno said.

That's when I started to see my surroundings and the effects of the pepper spray was wearing off. I noticed that Jeno was practically a couple inches away from me.

"I can see you now", I said and looked at him.

"So you lied earlier", he smirked. "Lying is bad, you know?"

"You're just as bad though", I rolled my eyes.

"I'm good though", he disagreed with my statement.

"No, he's bad", Renjun interrupted as Jaemin and him bursted inside the room.

Renjun and Jaemin walked towards the other couch that was in Jeno's office and took their seat.

"I agree with whatever Renjun says", Jaemin said, agreeing with me.

"Whipped", I muttered.

"Hyerin, take the day off tomorrow. You still need to rest", Jeno said and scooted away from me, giving me some space. "It's a holiday as well, you shouldn't work."

"Good, I was planning to skip work tomorrow anyways", I slightly lied. I was ready to call in sick because I wouldn't be able to face everyone after what Jeno said. I averted my gaze towards the two who were seated beside each other. "Where's Lele and Park?"

"They're busy learning about things we learned during their age", Renjun replied.

"Great, you made yourself sound old", I joked.

"Wow, nice one!", Jaemin exclaimed and raised his hand and we high-fived.

"Y'all are mean", Renjun pouted. "Right after I sided with you Hyerin."

"Anyways", I avoided what Renjun just said. "I'll go home."

"I'll drop you off", Jeno offered but Jaemin intervened.

"You have a meeting in 7 minutes, you can't drop her off", Jaemin reminded him.

"That can wait", Jeno argued.

"Jeno, don't be late to your meeting", I told him off. "You're a CEO, remember that."

"I'm also your future boyfriend, remember that", Jeno smiled.