chapter 29

"I'll pay for the food", Jeno said and stood up from his chair

"I'll pay for the food", Jeno said and stood up from his chair. "You guys can go first, I'll stay behind. Just text me where you guys are."

"Don't have to repeat it!", Chenle and Jisung exclaimed as they hurried outside the steakhouse and left us.

"I'll stay with Jeno", I spoke up.

"Oh, I see", Jaemin smirked.

"Well, I'm not complaining", Renjun said and grabbed onto Jaemin's wrist. "Let's go find Chenle and Jisung."

"Have fun!", Jaemin shouted to the two of us before leaving as well.

"Why did you stay?", Jeno asked as he took out his wallet. "You could've gone with them."

"It's unfair if I do so. You're the only one alone", I replied.

Jeno smiled at me and patted the top of my head.

"You care for me", he cheekily smirked and made his way to the cashier.

I followed him and stood beside him, making me shrink.

"The bill is 337,300. Would you like to pay with cash or card?", the lady asked.

"Card", Jeno answered and gave her his card.

The lady swiped it and gave it back to Jeno. She handed him the receipt and the two of us were all set to go meet up with the others.

"Let's go?", Jeno asked as he held onto my hand. I looked down, not used to him holding my hand. "Are you uncomfortable? Should I let go?"

"Are you happy?", I asked.

"What do you mean?", he raised an eyebrow.

"Do you feel happy when you hold my hand?", I rephrased.

He nodded.

"Then don't let go", I smiled.

"Are you sure?", he asked. "I don't want to make you feel—"

"I'm a hundred percent sure", I assured him. "Now, did they text where they are?"

"They haven't texted me", Jeno said as he looked through his messages.

"I'll try calling them", I told him and got my phone out and dialed Chenle's number. "You should call Jaemin or Renjun."

Jeno nodded and he called one of the two.

"The number you dialed is unavailable..."

"No luck, you?", I asked.

"None either", Jeno answered.

"What should we do now?", I asked as I turned around to face him.

"We should go on a date", he suggested. "It can either be friendly or romantic. The choice is yours."