chapter 33

[a/n: stream pls^ 🥺🥺]

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴘᴏᴠ (ɪᴛᴀʟɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ)

The air was cold. It didn't bother the others, but it bothered Byeol who easily got cold. She requested to wear a cardigan to give her warmth.

"We don't have a cardigan", the stylist said. "You'll just perform for five minutes, you can handle the cold then."

"It's colder than most days though", Byeol complained.

"Just bear with it, okay?", the stylist was annoyed that she walked out of the room.

Byeol sighed and went backstage, knowing that she was next. She peaked out and saw her two brothers at the front row. Doyoung was holding a bouquet and was readying his phone to document his little sister's performance. Jungwoo, on the other hand, had a small gift on his lap.

She sighed when she saw the two empty seats beside Jungwoo. Her parents were running late. They were always late at her performances. She reminded them to come early and hurry, but there was no response.

"Our next performer is Kim Byeol, a 15-year-old girl who has been playing the piano for almost ten years", the person introduced. "She has been performing many classical pieces but for today, she will perform 'Tears in Heaven' by Eric Clapton."

The audience clapped and there were a couple of shouts from Byeol's brothers.

"That's my sister!", Jungwoo shouted.

"My sister is really talented!", Doyoung shouted. "Break a leg!"

Byeol walked on stage. Her curled hair made an impact on her face. She wore a white short-sleeved dress. It was flowy and looked angelic. She walked to the piano and sat down. She positioned her fingers above the keys, readying herself.

She then started to play the piece. Her fingers danced across the piano keys. She played the piece in perfection, setting the mood for the audience. It was a quick performance that she could handle. Most of the time, she would perform for 30 minutes.

Her angelic features and the piece itself made the whole audience in awe.

She was close to finishing her performance and when she did, she got a standing ovation. When she got up and faced the audience, she saw that her brother, Doyoung, was no longer in his seat. Jungwoo was looking down at the ground.

"Next up, we have..."

Byeol went off stage and rushed to go to Jungwoo. They bumped into each other in the hallway.

"Jungwoo, where's Doyoung?", she asked. "He doesn't leave all of a sudden like that."

"There's something that happened to mom and dad on their way here", Jungwoo calmly explained, even if he was also in shock. "Apparently, they were on their way here and dad stepped on the peddle to get here fast so that they wouldn't miss your performance but when dad stepped on the break, it wasn't working. They got into an accident."