chapter 34

"She's starting to wake up

"She's starting to wake up."

I slowly opened my eyes and I was in an unfamiliar place. I couldn't make out what was happening but all I remember was Jeno talking about how he wanted me to be brought to his place. This must be his bedroom?

"Hyerin, can you hear me? Are you in pain?", the doctor asked.

"Not really, I feel better than earlier during the photoshoot", I weakly replied. I had more energy, but still tired.

"Well, not exactly earlier", the doctor corrected. "You mean two days ago."

"That means I didn't go to school", I sat up all of a sudden. "I need to—"

"I explained to the school that you'll be absent for the week. They said you'll be excused", Jeno butted in. "Besides, you won't be doing much because you're done with all your academic requirements. It's just practice for your graduation. You should always put your health first, Hyerin."

"He's right", the doctor agreed. "You're over exhausted. You need to rest. Don't overwork yourself. Take a lot of rest and eat a lot. I'll just give some vitamins to take. Don't forget to take them."

"I won't", I replied.

"That's all. I'll be taking my leave", the doctor announced. "If she gets another fever, it's best if she gets admitted to a hospital."

"I'll take that in mind", Jeno said. "Thank you so much, Dr. Qian."

"Any time", he smiled and left the room.

Once he left, Jeno immediately went towards me and sat on the edge of the bed. He gently pushed back my hair behind my hair.

"Why didn't you tell me you were sick?", he softly asked, then looking into my eyes. "Do you know how worried I was when I saw you collapse before my eyes? I was so worried."

"I'm sorry. I didn't want you to worry", I apologized. "I was going to rest after the photoshoot, but then I collapsed. I'll take better care of myself, I promise."

"You promise?", he questioned. I nodded my head. He then leaned close to me and pecked my lips. "Promise made."

"Is this going to be a thing now?", I chuckled.

"Yes", Jeno smiled. "Now, I'll do some work. I'll be working from home so that I can take care of you. Just get plenty of rest, okay? I'll check on you after my work, bub."

"Goodluck, Jeno", I wished him. "I love you, bub."

"Love you too, bub", he smiled and left the room.

"This must be his room", I muttered to myself. I got up and took around. I didn't open or look through things because I wanted to respect his privacy. Instead, I looked at the decorations and pictures that were hung in his room. My eyes stayed on one picture. "This is the four of them together."