chapter 37

"Jeno, wake up!", I exclaimed

"Let's sleep more", Jeno muttered, pulling me closer to him. "I want more time with you."

"You have work though", I reminded him and got out of bed. I stood by the foot of the bed, waiting for Jeno to get out of bed. "Jeno! You're gonna be late. I'm also going to attend school!"

Jeno tiredly got out of bed, very different from how he was yesterday morning. He walked towards me and hugged me tightly.

"Good morning, bub", Jeno greeted. "Do you really have to go to school?"

"Yes, I do", I told him. "I'll get ready first. You should prepare your things because you're going to Lee Cosmetics."

"Alright, I'll use the other bathroom", Jeno said and got his clothes and left the room.

I picked out my uniform from the closet and headed towards the bathroom to take a quick shower. I dressed up in my school uniform and wore my bag. I headed out of the room and into the kitchen to see Jeno making a simple breakfast.

"I only know how to cook ramyeon", Jeno chuckled. "Also toast."

"That's fine with me, as long as it's not poison", I joked.

"Don't worry, it's my older brother who cooks poison with fresh food", Jeno assured, laughing right after. He placed the ramyeon in two bowls and brought them to the table. He also placed the toasts on a single plate, placing it down. "I'll drop you off at school."

Jeno and I sat down and ate breakfast together. It was simple and memorable. I always cherish the little things, the little time we got to spend with each other.

"Bub", Jeno called.

"Oh?", I questioned, looking up to face him.

"Nothing", he chuckled. "I just wanted to call you that."

"You always call me that", I corrected. I continued to eat, avoiding eye contact with Jeno.

"Bub", he called again. "Are you still going to work at Lee Cosmetics after you graduate?"

"I'm not sure", I nonchalantly replied. "I won't permanently work there though."

"I see", Jeno muttered.

We finished eating and headed to the car and went inside. Jeno drove me to my school and the two of us had a chat on our way there.

"See you later, bub!", Jeno exclaimed. "Don't sleep in class!"

"I'll try not to!", I chuckled. "Don't overwork yourself!"

I was about to turn around when I was surprised by my two best friends that I haven't seen in a while.

"Bub bub bub", Chenle teased.