chapter 38

"Where's this place?", I muttered

"Where's this place?", I muttered. "I never heard of it."

I caught a cab and asked the driver to take me to the address that Haechan sent me. It was pretty far, which was alarming but Haechan was there.

I paid the driver and got off. I looked for the building and when I spotted it, I entered. There was a person standing behind a counter.

"Hello", I said to the person. "What's this place?"

"You must be Haechan's guest", the person said. "This is a rented place. He rented it for today."

"I see", I said and saw a door. "Do I enter there?"

"Yes, he's waiting inside", he said with a smile.

"Thank you", I thanked the guy and proceeded to enter the room that the door leads to. "It's snowing?"

It was a large event room that wasn't too cold that made me shiver, it was the right amount of coldness that I could take. There was fake snow on the ground and it was even snowing fake snow. The lights were dim, so I couldn't see much but it slowly brightened and I saw Haechan standing in the middle of the room, wearing a brown coat.

He heard my footsteps, making him turn around with a smile present.

"You're here, Byeol", he smiled. "Do you like it? I couldn't find the place you wanted to visit, so I made it. You love winter, but you get cold too easily. I hope this satisfies your heart."

"Why did you spend so much money?", I asked him. "You should've saved it."

"I was initially supposed to buy a star and name it after you", he chuckled. "I was supposed to show you it and go stargazing. If you said yes."

"What do you mean?", I asked, already suspecting it.

Haechan stood in front of me, his face was serious.

"What I mean, is if you said yes to my confession to you, that could've happened", Haechan explained. "I recently found out that you're with my half-brother, so that isn't happening."

He chuckled bitterly.

"I feel like I know you so well", he said. "You knew I liked you but never said anything. I don't need an explanation. I get where you're coming from. If you like someone, you should say it right away and not beat around the bush. You shouldn't beat someone to confirm their feelings because it's theirs."

"If you knew I knew, why didn't you say it?", I asked.

"It's because your heart chases after him. My eyes are on you, although you don't care", Haechan bitterly smiled. "Despite that, hearing your voice made me even more excited everyday so I didn't care, as long as I love you, I was okay."

"You made me feel so loved and I felt the true happiness inside me whenever I'm with you", he said. "My only comfort is to be able to completely embrace you."