Part 44: Goodbye, Troublemakers

“She’s slipping away,” Evie said as we all stood around Audrey.

“There’s only one person in the world who might be able to do something about this,” Mal said before trailing off.

“And that’s Hades,” I finished.

Mal looked at me and nodded.

“Hades? He wouldn’t do it,” Harry said.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t risk it,” Ben said.

“Actually, he might do it for us,” Mal said.

“He’s my and Mal’s father,” I said, earning a confused look from Harry and Carlos.

“Okay. Well, I’ll have to send guards to get him,” Ben said.

“Maybe I can hitch a ride,” Uma said. “The Isle is my home. Someone needs to be there to protect it.”

“Well, then you’ll need your first mate,” Sophia said, standing up straighter.

“Can I go too?” Celia asked, standing up from the couch she was sitting on. “I wish I could be in both places.”

“You know what? I think Evie was right, the barrier should be taken down,” I said, crossing my arms. “Everyone should be able to come and go from the Isle or Auradon as they please.”

“Yeah,” Mal said, pressing her lips together and turning to face Uma. “And… I do think that we could’ve been friends. And, I’m really sorry that I lied to all of you guys. You deserve much better than that.”

“You were doing the right thing,” Harry said.

“Yeah,” I agreed.

“Well, we should probably get going,” Uma said. “Chloe, are you coming?”

I looked around the room at everyone before shaking my head. “No, I think I’m going to stay here.”

Harry smiled and held my hand before kissing the top of my head.

“Alright, then I guess I’ll see you later then,” Uma said before walking out of the room with Sophia following behind.

“Wait, Sophia,” I said, running out of the room after her.

Sophia turned around and looked at me. “What do you want, mutt?”

“Listen, I’m sorry that there is so much bad energy between us,” I said. “I feel horrible about the things that happened in the past but that’s just where they are, in the past. I hope you can forgive me and maybe we could even become friends.”

Sophia sighed. “You know what, Chloe? Eleven years is a long time to hold a grudge,” she said, surprising me. “And, it gets kind of tiring.” Sophia smiled. “So, I forgive you and, if we meet up again in the future, I would love to be your friend again.”

I smiled. “Would a hug be okay before you go?”

“Come here,” Sophia said, wrapping her arms around me.

“I’m so sorry,” I whispered as I hugged her tight.

“It’s okay, I forgive you,” Sophia said, pulling away from the hug.

“Hey, no fair, Sophia gets a hug and I don’t?” I heard Gil ask.

“Come on, Gil,” I said as he walked over to me and I hugged him.

“This is nice,” Gil said.

“I’m going to miss you all,” I said, letting Gil go.

“We’re going to miss you too, Chloe,” Uma said.

“Have fun, troublemakers,” I smiled before the three of them walked away.