01 ❱ ━━━━ A FALL

━━━━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER ONE
❝ a fall ❞
━━━━━━━━━━━

" Huh, I heard Tsurrutori High's
Art Club is visiting. "

" Guess that means VV's
gonna come too "

" ...Who the hell is  VV? "

" Shes an artist in Hyogo.
I heard she's just our age too. "

" Oh, she's that girl
on Instagram, right? I heard
she's super famous there."

" Yeah. No one knows how
she looks like since she doesn't
show her face, but rumors
say she's super pretty. "

" Whatever, why's the
art club visiting anyways? "

" For an exhibition I think? "

" Tsurrutori
High and our school hold an
art exhibition together every
ten years. "

" If i'm correct, It's probably
one of the biggest exhibitions
our school holds. "

" I wonder if she'd draw a
portrait if I paid her. "

" That'd be if you could
find her first. "

━━━━━━━━━━━

EVERY EARLY MORNING in Inarizaki high, you'll never get to miss out on the chance to hear the latest gossips going around the school. And of course, it was the same case for this typical morning. There has been news that the famous art club from Tsurutori High will be visiting the powerhouse school today. And among the club members was a famous young artist that no one seemed to know of her true identity.

Suna Rintarou, the so called 'deadpanner-sleeper-slacker-bendy-chuupet-video-recording-guy' in his class, was just a few seats away from those girls. He had 7 minutes until class started, and sleeping was the best solution for the middle blocker to kill time. But that was until he overheard whatever the girls had mentioned about the famous High School.

Tsurrutori High? Didn't that
girl go there too?

Before Suna could think further ahead, 7 minutes had already been over and a teacher could be seen entering the class, preparing to give an announcement, " Alright class if you didn't know, Tsurrutori High's Art Club will be visiting our school to help out with the art exhibition. I'd like a few volunteers to help move some stuff to the hall where the exhibition would be held. "

There was an awkward silence. No one wanted to help move thing and would rather listen to their beloved teacher's boring lecture about Science. Well- everyone except for Suna.

" D-did Suna just volunteer to do something? " Ginjima looked at Suna on the other side of the classroom, where the middle blocker was seen raising his hand high up in the air. Ginjima was close to Suna since they were both in the same volleyball team, but not even he couldn't figure out what was going on.

Suna, the slacker who was 'famously' known for sleeping during classes was raising his hand to help move things when he had the choice to sit in class?

Something is up, but no one knows why- not even Suna.

The fuck? Agh, what am I even doing?
Volunteering just so I could see if that girl
would appear?

" Suna can't move everything on his own. I'll need another volunteer. " The teacher stated before looking at Ginjima's direction, " Ginjima, would you like to help? "

Seeing that Suna was volunteering to help, Ginjima couldn't help but be curious, " Sure. "

✎ 。。。

Ginjima eyed Suna suspiciously as they carried a table through the hallway, "What's up with you? I don't get why you're volunteering to help out."

Suna doesn't reply and instead remains in his deadpan expression, completely ignoring Ginjima as he thinks about the girl he met yesterday night.

I hope she comes- shit what
if she doesn't?

You know what? maybe I
should just go back to class
and have Ginjima carry the
table by himself-

" Suna! Watch out! " Ginjima tried to warn his friend- about the girl that was about to fall right into Suna, but it was too late for the middle blocker to react. As the girl attempted to grab on his shoulder for support, she had instead pushed him and fell as all her art supplies fell out of her bag.

Suna, now also losing his balance, begins to fall, causing Ginjima and the table they were both carrying to follow suit as well. Both of them hissed in pain as they looked at the girl who caused them to fall before standing back up to lift the table.

Bumped into a girl, great.
My day couldn't get any worse.

The girl was on her knees mumbling out an apology while trying to recollect her art supplies. Ginjima- being the gentleman he was, offered to help collect her art supplies and nudged at Suna's leg, hinting at him to help out too.

The middle blocker took the hint and helped the girl recollect her art supplies when suddenly he encountered an oddly familiar paintbrush.

Where have I seen this before?

And that's when he finally realized.

" Are you the girl from yesterday? "