𝟬𝟭𝟴 the guilt troubled girl

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
the guilt troubled girl

GUILT. IT WAS a powerful instinct. It was a painful feeling that stirred a mix of worry and regret into one overwhelming and powerful wave of emotion that washed over the individual who was unfortunate enough to embody that feeling. It was something no one would ever wish on another person. No one should have to suffer the harsh feeling of a single thought gnawing at your brain, your insides twisting into tight knots and causing for a kind of sickness to bubble in the pit of your stomach. 

     That was exactly how Nova Van Kirk felt when she was forced to watch as JJ Maybank turned his back on her and the rest of their friends after their explosive argument outside of Barry's home. The girl could never forget about the way JJ looked at her when she snapped at him, or how she brought up his deadbeat dad when she was trying to convince him to walk away from his plan for revenge. Nova knew she crossed the line when she dragged Luke Maybank's name into the argument, and she didn't even get a chance to apologise before JJ left them stranded without him.

And now she had no idea where he was, the boy becoming a ghost for the time being whilst Nova and the group were left alone to ponder on the whereabouts of the Maybank boy. In fact, he was all Nova could think about right now, her every thought being clouded by JJ and whether or not he was safe and sound, and not dead in a ditch somewhere, the very thought of losing the one person who truly understood her becoming a worrisome fear that made the girl's entire body tremble.

If he was found dead and Nova never got the chance to make things right, she would never forgive herself, and that scared her most of all. She didn't want JJ thinking she hated him, or resented him for dragging her to the home of her old drug dealer. Sure, she was angry with him, but it wasn't enough to spark hate between her and the Maybank boy. Truth is, no matter how hard she tried, Nova could never hate JJ.

Those were the thoughts that rushed through Nova Van Kirk's mind whilst she sat with her friends around a small table within the four walls of The Wreck, a place notoriously known for its delicious food, whilst the group conversed about JJ and where he most likely was, proving that Nova wasn't the only one worrying for the boy. It gave her some peace knowing she wasn't alone.