Chapter 7: Macaluso?

Sorry for the short chapter

It's been a week since my last run in with Jaxon. I've managed to avoid him at school and only have a few classes with him thankfully.

I still eat lunch alone but do talk to people in my
classes so that I'm not entirely alone. My mama calls most days and I facetime Gia a lot and get to talk to whoever's around.

It's currently Friday and I'm getting ready to go to my first official street race in America. I used to secretly take part in them back home as my brother Alessio and Cousin Matteo race as well. We used to sneak out most Friday's telling anyone that caught us that we were going to the cinema. It usually worked and so our parents eventually began believing that we were a part of some movie club. Some Mafia members they are.

Ales called me during the week letting me know that he got me a spot in a local race. This is why he's my favourite.

There's supposed to be a party tonight as well that I was invited to by the guy I sit next to in admin. I'm pretty sure he's called Owen or is it Theo?. I wasn't going to go anyways so that I could avoid any more bump ins with Jaxon, but Gia convinced me to go have a fun time and let loose. And to be honest, that did sound pretty good. So here I am standing in my closet trying to figure out what to wear.

Eventually I decided on some ripped black jeans and a maroon bralette, topped off with my leather jacket. I needed an outfit suitable for both the race and the party.

Shoving on some heel booties I grab my keys and head out with half an hour to spare.

Since we already live in the rural part of New York, it didn't take long to navigate my way to the big area full of cars and a huge speaker blasting music. Thankfully the area was a couple miles out from any houses so noise complaints wouldn't be a problem.

Driving into the nearest available spot, I get out of the car and have a look around.

There's people everywhere. Most of them teenagers, but far too many to just be from our school. And considering our school is the only one around for miles, this place must be a big deal if it attracts outsiders. Especially those from the city.

I look over to the left and spot a medium sized looking barn. Ales said that that's where the registration bit would be. Making my way over and weaving through all the bodies I eventually reach the barn. The whole front is open and inside there's a bar to the right and a reception looking area to the back.

Passing the already drunk teenagers, I walk up to the registration area. There doesn't seem to be a queue so I just go directly to the guy sitting behind the desk. He looks to be in his early twenties and is definitely attractive with his Black hair and blue eyes. I might need to get his number.

Glancing up at me he sports a wide smile, "Hey there, Welcome to the Barn, are you looking to race tonight?"

So this place Is actually called 'the barn', wow very creative. I thought.

The guy started laughing, shaking his head, "It's the easiest to remember" I just stared at him confused,

"Did I say that out loud?"

"Yeah, you did, but it's cool, anyways, are you here to sign up for a race" He asked again,

"Oh yeah sorry", I smiled sheepishly at him, " I think I've already been signed up, It should be under the name Alejandra Barlow", Ales told he me he called to get me in so I wouldn't have any problems.

"Ah, yeah, here you are Alejandra" He replied after typing away on his laptop. He reached under the desk and grabbed a bit of paper, passing it over to me. "This is your plate right?" he asked pointing at the paper now in my hands.

Looking down at the paper it had my private plate on it alongside a time and the make of the car I'd be racing. A camaro huh. What are the chances. "yeah that's my plate but can I ask if you know who drives the camaro I'm racing?" I finally reply.

"Oh yeah, that's Jaxon Macaluso or Diablo as we know him here, he's the unbeaten champion of the state. The computer says here that you paid extra to race our best guy, Was that not correct?" he asked confused.

Macaluso? Shit.

"Yeah no that's fine, Thank you for your help" I walked away after that. I can't believe his last name is Macaluso. How had I not realised before, I mean I knew he looked familiar but I wasn't expecting this.

And the funny thing is, my brother unknowingly just set me up to race against the American Mafia Don.