Chapter 41- Keefe

"I can't believe you guys," I muttered, scrubbing ferociously at my hair with soap. Discarded towels and empty shampoo and conditioner bottles lay scattered all around me, all used, all not working. 

"WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING?" Fitz screeched from the corner of the room while Biana laughed her head off and took pictures. "YOU CAN JUST DYE YOUR HAIR BACK!" 

"It wouldn't look natural then!" I argued back. "And besides, Dex says it wouldn't work!" 

"WELL, AT LEAST YOU HAVE HAIR!" Fitz yelled. "MY HAIR IS LITERALLY GONE!" He pointed wildly at his bald head, which was shining under the light of Everglen's guest bedroom. 

"I'm not sure mine counts as hair," Dex muttered, poking at his "hair" which more resembled a stinky, frozen pile of skunk poop. He turned and glared at Sophie, who was cackling with Biana and Marella in the corner. 

A dramatic wail sounded out from the bathroom, where Tam was, mourning over the loss of his hair, which now looked like mine. Honestly, it was an upgrade, it beat his bangs any day. But that didn't mean I was happy with it, watching Tam have my perfect locks while I was stuck looking like a gulon was agony. 

"Where's Linh?" Dex asked, as he was the only one out of the guys who wasn't having a meltdown.

Marella scrunched up her nose as the smell for Dex's hair drifted over to her side of the room. "She trying to stabilize Tam. Apparently he's having such a meltdown that he can't form words properly." 

"Oh god," Biana said, massaging her forehead like Della always did whenever I came over to Everglen. "I better go check on him." She handed Sophie a camera and gestured around the room. "Feel free to take over my job of public humiliation." 

I noticed that Sophie looked unsure about humiliating us, and was about to feel relieved when Marella walked over and plucked the camera out of Biana's hands and winked at her. "I got this Bi, go check on Tam. I won't let you down!" 

As Biana sauntered away towards the bathroom (where dramatic, repeatedly more high pitched wails were sounding), Marella clicked the camera button mischievously and walked over to Dex, her nose plugged and camera ready.  

"Oh god," Dex muttered, as Marella laughed. Dex turned around and rolled his eyes, a small smile on his face as Marella snapped embarrassing photos of him. 

Sophie walked over to me and laughed at my appearance in the mirror. Neon green hair, with darker green accented stripes ran through my hair, which had also become sticky and slimy in the shampoo and soap process.

"I can see why you like pranking now," she said, settling in a chair next to me like she was planning to be there for a long time, grinning. 

"Just you wait Foster, just you wait," I said to her while tilting my head from side to side to see which side was slightly better. "I'll get you back good."

"What are you gonna do?" she asked. "I could just read your mind and know everything that's going on in there." 

I winked and gestured to my head. "Be my guest Foster. I'm sure you'd like to see what I'm thinking about." 

Sophie's face turned her classic red. "I...that's not what I..."

"Hmmmm?" I asked turning around to face her, a smirk on my face. 

Sophie fell silent and I chuckled before turning back to the mirror and re-examining my appearance. "What do you think Foster?" I asked Sophie, standing up and strutting back and forth in front of her. "I think I pull of green hair, what about you?" 

Sophie stubbornly pursed her lips and shook her head. 

"Oh come on, you know I look good," I said, leaning in. "You just can't say it because you're in love with the Fitzeroo."