Chapter 21

MATTS POV

My mom was horrible. They said that she wouldn't make it through the night. Bella stayed with me but Devins dad was pissed at him for skipping school so he had to leave. The fact that I have these people to go through this with me is all I need and want in life. However Devins dad is a world class àss. When we were little his dad used to pick him up from play dates with a new girls every time and then he would take any of the toys I gave him because he said that Devin had enough. He only got to hang out with me after school once a month due o the fact that he never wanted to bring him over to my house.

"Matt?" I turn to face Bella who's sitting down in the seat. "How is she?"

"She's not making it through the night." I reply with no emotion. Her face falls and she gets up immediately.

"Oh my gosh Matt, I'm so sorry." She hugs me but I don't hug back this time.

For some reason I just feel numb. Soon after I don't hug back she lets go awkwardly, wipes her hands on her pants and sits back down.

"You should go." The words slip my mouth before I can stop them.

"I-what?" She questions standing up once again.

"I need to be alone with my mom and my sister. I think it would be best if you left." She looks hurt buts hides the emotion fast.

"Oh yeah, I'll see you." She walks away and right out of the doors without saying another word.

You fucking idiot Matt. You didn't want her to leave. Why I'm gods name are you such a prick to everyone you let into your life? She's one of the only things you got going right now and you're screwing it up when you need her the most. For gods sake my mom is dying and pushing away one of the most important person in my life.

It's official, I'm bipolar. One second I'm saying how much I am in love with this girl and the next I am pushing her completely out of my life.

It's no wonder girls have trust issues these days.

Bella would be better off with someone like Devin, he liked her before I'd do anyways.

"Matt," my mom looks at me as Liz snuggles into her a little more while sniffling.

"Yes? Do you need something? Water? Food?" I ask.

She smiles but shakes her head. "You overthink to much."

I sigh and rub my hands into my face. "Everything is just wrong, mom. You can't leave me. You can't leave us." Tears form in my eyes as I motion to Liz and I.

She open her other arm and motions for me to come over. I walk over and hug her while kneeling down on the bed.

"I don't what I'm supposed to do without you." I admit as I sit back down on the chair.

"The same thing you've been doing the whole time." She says.

Suddenly there is a knock on the door. When I open it Bella stands there with roses.

"I was so dumb. I shouldn't have left you like that even if you wanted me to." I look back at my mom who is smiling and I let her in.

As soon as Bella sees my mom she smiles and gives her the roses.

"Hi." Bella says.

"And hi to you to sweetie. Thank you for the flowers. If I'm being honest I should admit to you that I've got enough flowers to last a whole lifetime." My mom jokes but I don't laugh. Bella does a little laugh but I can see the pity in her eyes.

"Oh sweetie don't look at me like that." My mom says to me.

I look away from her and wipe my tears.

The next thing I know Bella is sitting down in the chair beside me and her hand is on top of mine. She smiles at me and that's all it takes for me to feel some sort of relief.

"Bella do you mind if I have a few minutes alone with my kids?" My mom asks but in the most kind way.

"Of course." She lets go of my hand and heads out of the room.

"Look, I need you both to be strong for me." She says while the tears fall from her face. "I need to know you will all be okay because that's all I want for you both in life. I need to know my babies will be okay." 

It takes a few moments for me to be able to speak.

"I'm okay mommy." Liz says while crying.

"We will be okay, I promise." I say while not meaning it one bit.

She smiles and runs a hand through Lizzies hair before I notice the heart rate dropping on the screen. My mom slowly closes her eyes and her hand falls from my sisters hair.

"Mommy?" Liz suddenly gets up and tries shaking my mom awake.

She starts screaming and crying on my mom and I just start at the flat like on the screen. Suddenly nurses and doctors come inside the room and take my sister off of my mom.

I stand there unable to process what is going on as a women tries to get me to step back and out of the room.

I feel like everything is going in slow motion. It's like that scene in the movies and I just can't seem to get out of it. Bella rushes over to me but I'm unaware of what she's saying because all I can hear is that sound of the flat line.

A/N: so I cried writing this chapter and now I feel even worse than I did before. But thank y'all so much for 10k views, I love you all so much and I hope your summer is going good so far. I'll try and update more frequently however I can't promise anything.