Chapter 7: Jericho

Your POV

I continue running on the rooftops the way Rupert went thinking it would lead somewhere. I have no idea where I'm going and I'm starting to get very hungry. I've been running for hours. I sit on the rooftop I'm currently on so I can catch my breath.

'What do I do now?'

I look up and notice a ship in the distance.

'Maybe I'll find someone there.'

I get up and run to where the ship is. I slide down on a water pipe that's on the side of a building and head towards the ship. I see someone enter it so maybe there are people in there. I sneak inside and walk around while also checking my surroundings.

'I don't know this place so I still have to keep my guard up.'

It's dark so it's hard to see where I'm going. I make it to a metal platform with railings around it. I hear voices so I crouch down and peek through the railing and look down.

There's a group of people gathered around talking. I go to step back but then the platform creaks under my feet. The group of people look up and I start running.

'Shit I've been spotted! I should get out of here.'

I run through the halls of the ship, trying to find an exit. I round a corner and immediately bump into someone and fall down.

"AH DON'T KILL ME!" I yell as I see the person raise the metal pipe in their hand and I cover my face as I wait for impact.

Impact doesn't come. In fact, I hear the metal pipe drop to the floor. I peek out from behind my arms to see the person crouch down in front of me.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." He says.

I look at him. He has two different eye colors, one blue and one green. I tilt my head curiously at him before three others come running up behind him, a girl and two guys.

"I knew there was someone else here!" The girl yells.

"She's human." The blond-haired person says.

'The fuck you mean I'm human? Of course I am. Aren't you?'

That's when I notice the LED on the two male androids.

'Oh, they're androids.'

"Markus, she knows our location. If we let her go she's going to rat us out. We have to kill her." The girl android says.

"WHAT?!" I say, my voice rising a few pitches and I scoot back away from them.

"North!" The two-colored eyed android, who I assume is Markus, says.

North looks me up and down and her eyes widen. "She's with that deviant hunter. The junior detective. She's like a mini Sherlock Holmes."

'Can't tell if I should be flattered or still scared.'

"We have to get rid of her!"

'There it is.'

"Look I don't even remember how I got here or where I am," I say as I start panicking. "I just want to get back to my dad and Connor."

"North we're not gonna kill her, she's just a little girl." The African American android says.

"Well, we can't exactly let her go either." The blond-haired android says.

"Markus!" The three of them hiss as they look to him for a decision.

Markus ignores all of them and continues staring at me.