one

hi

i'm back

✩︎

"Harry!" I scream excitedly, practically leaping at him as he laughs and squeezes me tightly.

I haven't managed to see him in three weeks, with his increased duties at the camp and me stressing over college applications, and now we would have another six long weeks together, just like last year.

"I missed you, Cherry. I love you," he exclaims, spinning me round as he hugs me, then setting me down and kissing me firmly. His tongue dips sweetly into my mouth and his hands squeeze playfully at my waist for a second.

My mom clears her throat awkwardly, staring disapprovingly at our embrace, although she now loves Harry to absolute death.

"I'll see you in six weeks, okay?" She hugs me just as tightly, then returns to her car before she can begin crying again and waving enthusiastically through the window as she drives away.

"I can't believe you're here again," he mumbles into my hair. "Hopefully, you'll have a much better experience this time - no Amy, no Penny, no Taylor, nothing."

"Still got your shit dad, though," I frown whilst Harry smiles pensively and kisses my forehead.

"It'll be alright. We don't have to sneak around this year and you can stay at mine every night," he reminds me happily, and it's like I never left.

"Do you have any ibroprufen?" I ask as we near the familiar cabin and he kicks the door wide open with his foot, his hands busy with my bags.

"Yeah, why?"

"My stomach keeps feeling weird," I frown, remembering how my mom had insisted on taking me to the doctors, although I had refused, dismissing it as a stomach bug that would disappear within a few days.

"I'll get you some, don't worry," he promises, and suddenly, Deja bounds through the door enthusiastically; Harry had adopted him from a local shelter about six months ago and we had both been entirely in love with him since then.

"Dej! I missed you more than I missed your daddy I think." I bend down to his level and ruffle his fluffy ears, baby-talking him - something Harry always laughs at and makes fun of.

"Did you just say daddy?" He calls, rifling through his drawers and trying to find the medication I had requested.

"Yes, daddy, I did."

"Don't start, you've barely been here five minutes and you're already making me hard."

"Sounds like a you problem," I reply, continue to play with Deja's soft fur.

"You just came back for the dog, didn't you?"

"Definitely. Only reason I'm still with you."

"Of course," he snorts bemusedly. "Don't feel bad, I'm only with you for Frida and your parents," he teases, dropping two ibroprufen into my hand and kissing the top of my head gently.

"Guess we're even then, and if we break up, I get Deja."

"Does that means I get your family?"