chapter fourteen

"Are you coming to sit with us for dinner?" Tracey asked me enthusiastically as we were sat in the library, attempting to start studying for our OWLs coming up but getting distracted easily. I looked up at her with a quizzical expression on my face, I hadn't sat with the Slytherin group for breakfast or dinner since Draco and I originally stopped speaking and Cormac asked me to be his girlfriend. "I just saw you with Malfoy a couple times today and I miss you being with us." She continued with an optimistic glim in her eyes.

"I don't know- "I began, not wanting to let her down.

"Pleeeeaaase," She cut me off, prolonging her words. "I'm sure Cormac can be without you for one night. And plus, I'm sure you need a break from him anyways."

"Fine." I finally gave in, jokingly rolling my eyes at her as she grinned at me. We packed up our stuff and made our way to the great hall. We were the last of the group to arrive. Draco and Pansy on one side of the table as Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle were on the other side. I soon realised the only two spaces free were next to Blaise and Draco and I rolled my eyes at Tracey once again as I realized I'd have to sit next to Draco. I felt Cormac's glare on me as I walked up to the Slytherin table and placed myself next to Draco, who was smirking of course.

"Potter, what brings you here! Long time no see." Blaise joked as Tracey sat down next to him and he put his arm over her shoulder.

"Yeah, what does bring you here, Potter? McLaggen bored of you already?" Pansy spat before I had time to respond to Blaise, she clearly couldn't read the room as she must've though Blaise was being serious.

"I just couldn't stay away from you for too long, Parkinson" I mimicked in a baby voice which clearly agitated her. Everyone burst out laughing at this, including Draco. Pansy scoffed and stood her to feet. She was flustered and tried to say something but stumbled on her words and rushed out of the great hall instead.

"Nice one, Potter." Draco smirked, resting his head on his hand and turned towards me as the rest of the group continued a separate conversation. I removed my robe from my shoulders as I began to feel hot.

"Thanks, didn't really feel like getting into a fight today" I replied before beginning to tuck into the food.

Suddenly, I felt Blaise kick my feet under the table and I gave him a harsh glare before he nodded his head to something behind me. I turned around to see Cormac standing behind me with his arms crossed. He nodded his head to the side signaling me so come with him and my heart sank, realizing I wasn't really in the mood for another argument with him. Draco bowed his head and started playing with his food as I stood to my feet and joined Cormac. The whole group fell silent as we walked off with one another.

"Everything okay?" I asked under my breath, not looking forward to the response.

"Everything okay?" He scoffed, mimicking my question. "You know for a fact everything is not okay."

"I knew you were mad at me and I just wanted to give you some space." I responded as we exited the great hall and he led to down a corridor before stopping where it was quiet.

"So, you decided to go with Malfoy instead, who I precisely told you I didn't want you around." He argued, crossing his arms and leaning his back against the wall. I was exhausted of constantly disappointing everyone. If I spent time with Malfoy, then Cormac, Harry and Ron would all be upset with me. But if I avoided him, I would consequently see less of Tracey, who was my best friend. And besides, I enjoyed spending time with Draco – when Pansy isn't there of course, who is just another person I have to deal with. I had given up and I just wanted Cormac to be okay with me again.

"I just wanted to be with Tracey, I promise." I sighed, walking towards him and pulling his arms apart. He eventually gave in and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Then why were you next to him?" He pushed further.

"There was no room next to Tracey." I explained, wrapping my arms around his neck, willing to do anything to end this conversation.

"He's just weird around you." He continued.

"I don't care." I hummed, I was bored of this argument, so I simply connected our lips and began making out with him. We continued this for a while as I deepened the kiss by connecting our tongues and tugging at his hair. Cormac's hand began running down my waist and I was about to pull away, knowing how this was about to go but we were interrupted by a low cough from behind us and I instantly jumped off of him.

I turned around to see Draco standing there with an emotionless face, holding my robe.

"You left this." He commented, not breaking eye contact with me as he handed it over.

"I- uh. Thank you, Draco" I replied, disheveled. He simply gave me a half smile and walked away.

"Draco? You call him Draco?" Cormac began again. I released a loud groan and connected our lips once again to shut him up.