7

It’s been about a month since I bought Mocha his phone and this kid has become obsessed with ‘selfies’. I find it cute how he gets embarrassed and flustered when I walk in on him taking a selfie. It surprised me to see how quickly he got the hang of using a smartphone and social media. The main reason for me buying him the phone was so I could check up on him while I am at work, leaving him by himself for the most part aside from the servants. I came home from work kinda early today but I didn’t bother to message him and let him know. I thought I could walk in on him taking pictures again just see his reaction.

Walking into the room, that’s exactly what I saw, him taking a picture of himself in some of his new clothes. He looked at me and hid his phone acting like he wasn’t just taking selfies again, making me chuckle at his actions. He looked away embarrassed before speaking up, “Can I get a picture of you and I together for my home screen ?” I was surprised he was getting comfortable enough to want a picture with me but I was also happy so I quickly told him it was okay before stepping closer to him.

He set up his phone with a timer by the window seal before pulling me closer to him and smiling. Before the timer set the camera off I wrapped an arm over his shoulder and smiled down at him. The camera caught it before I could look back up into the camera. Mocha grabbed his phone, checking the picture and he giggled at the sight picture he found of me smiling down at him. “We can retake it if you want-” before I could finish my sentence Mocha cut me off. “I love it!” he squeaked happily while looking down at his phone. After fiddling with his phone in silence for a moment he turns it towards me and happily exclaims, “There! all done.” When I looked down at the screen I could see he set it as his screensaver making me smile slightly to myself.

I thought the idea was cute so I asked if we could take one on my phone as well and he agreed without any hesitation. Handing him my phone he accepted it and set it up like he did to his, before I pulled him close to me and kissed his cheek making him blush profusely as the camera took the picture. Grabbing the phone I changed the picture as my screensaver as well before showing him. He glared up at me and huffed, “Why would you kiss me like that? I am a guy and mouse in case you didn’t remember!” He shook my head and laughed at his flustered ranting. “I don’t discriminate against race, gender, or anything else when it comes to my picking of partners,” I answered nonchalantly. 

“P-partners?” Mocha stuttered out his confusion as if he couldn’t comprehend the idea. I looked at him and wondered what part of that statement confused him so much. “Yes partners, Mocha. A person I date or bring to bed and lie with is called a partner is that confusing to you?” I gave him a questioning look while waiting for his response. “I understand what a partner is but that didn’t answer why you kissed me. I mean you couldn’t honestly see me as more than just some mouse boy you bought at the blackmarket right?” he looked confused and like he had hurt himself with his own words.

Had I not comforted him enough emotionally for him to realize I don’t see him as some pet or something for me to control. He was free to do what he wanted and I only kept him locked up to keep him safe. Thoughts of how to comfort him swirled around in my head, should I reach out to him or give him his space? Sounds of sniffling pulled me from my thoughts and found Mocha standing there with tears running down his face and his breathing getting uneven. “Hey , hey calm down Mocha. I may have bought you from the blackmarket but I do not see you as property and of course I could see you as more than some mouse boy. You’re a living being that’s half human just like I am which makes us equal in my eyes,” rushing to him I pulled him into my chest and pet his hair as I softly cooed at him to relax. Feeling him slowly calm down I brought us both to the bed, laying down, and pulling him closer to me so his face nuzzled into my chest.