Chapter 13

From: Weirdo

Subject: Good Morning!

Text: Good morning, Hitomi-chan! I hope you slept well last night! I was right! I did dream about you! I don't remember what it was about, but you're beautiful even in my dreams!! You're definitely still the most beautiful when I get to see you in person though!

.

.

.

From: Weirdo

Subject: I Forgot!

Text: I forgot to say that I hope you get to school safely, Hitomi-chan! If I were with you, I would walk you all the way to school like your own personal Guardian Deity!!!

.

.

.

From: Weirdo

Subject: I Forgot Again!

Text: I also forgot to say that I hope you have a nice day, Hitomi-chan! I miss you already and I can't wait to see you again!!!

.

.

.

Hitomi woke up to a flurry of text messages from one Nishinoya "Weirdo" Yuu. She agitatedly opened her eyes, the sunlight streaming through her curtains slightly blinding her. Her hand darted out from underneath the covers, slamming over her phone on the nightstand.

She unlocked it, sitting up while rubbing at her eyes because of the brightness of the screen. She scrolled through each message, rolling her eyes and shaking her head with a small smile.

His texts were just as cheerful and hyperactive as he was. It was like he was so excited about finally having a way to contact her that he would push the send button prematurely before actually having finished putting down all of his thoughts. He really was just like a little kid.

Hitomi locked her phone without replying. She sat in bed for a moment, gathering her thoughts. She had a feeling that she was going to receive a lot more messages like these, and she was beginning to wonder if she would regret this decision.

It turns out, her hunch was absolutely correct. Throughout the week, she received messages from him constantly. Without fail, he would send her good morning and goodnight texts every day. He'd send her inconsequential things during the breaks between class periods and during his lunch break. Sometimes he would send her some more interesting things like pictures of his practice.

Hitomi largely ignored them. Mostly because she didn't want to get his hopes up too much about her responses, but also because there really wasn't that much for her to say. What was she to write? It seemed a little pointless to reply, 'Good morning' and 'Good night' to every single one of those texts. The most she ever responded was when he would send her pictures of what he was having for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and she would send a picture of what she was eating back.

Despite her lack of responses, she did read all of his texts. Even the short, unnecessary ones. Something that her servants had taken note of.

It was rather obvious, as Hitomi never really used her phone that much before. It was common knowledge that she chose not to make friends. The only contacts in her phone were establishment numbers, business related, or the family servants. As such, she rarely ever used her phone. At most, she would use it to play games. Even then, she would do that in the confines of her own room.

Now, she was actively looking at her phone during her meals and while walking through the house. She even had a small smile gracing her lips nearly every time.