Chapter 9

Adrian's POV

8:00 am. The elevator opened to my office and I was greeted by my personal assistant, Ms. Natalie Carter. At least that's what I think was her name because I never called anyone by their first names unless they were family or very close friends. Well, there was an exception but it was not for my P.A. That was for someone else. I noticed her flirtatious smile and her choice of wardrobe which said one thing. I was supposed to notice that. I hid my irritation and with a curt nod, walked into my office.

Ms. Carter had been providing these subtle hints for sometime now and recently it was starting to be more blatant. I was considering firing her because I hated it when my employees forgot their place and the rules and regulations of my company. And most of my previous assistants were fired for the same reason. Ms. Carter was excellent in her job though which was why I was hoping it wouldn't come to that. I just hoped she'd get the hint through my obvious ignorance since I wouldn't want to go through the same process again.

I sat on my desk going through my business proposals when my phone started to ring. I sighed as I looked at the caller ID.

"What do you want?" I barked out, not bothering to hide my irritation from my voice.

"Your credit card."

"What?"

"I want your credit card, Adrian."

"Why the hell would you want my credit card? "

"I forgot mine at home. And now I'm stuck here in the shopping mall with these cool shoes and no money. Adrian please-"

"No" I cut him off and clenched my jaw. My brother Aaron was the most irresponsible person I knew. He was a junior in college but acted like a high schooler. I suppressed a groan as he started speaking again.

"C'mon bro. I really need it right now. You're one of the world's richest people. As your little brother I gotta get some leverage too, y'know? Just think about my reputation. What would anyone say of they saw me, Aaron Stone, the hottest college student, the younger brother of Adrian Stone standing here eyeing a pair of shoes and unable to pay for it? I'll be ruined. I'll be-"

"Just shut up Aaron." I interrupted yet again and sighed. "Fine, I'll send someone. Text me the address and remember, this is your final chance. Either you be responsible or I'll cut off your allowance to half. Understood?" I hung up without listening him and not a minute later I got his text giving me his current location.

Raking my hands through my hair, I pressed the intercom and asked Ms. Carter to send my driver Henry to my office to fetch my credit card and deliver it to my dearest brother. Henry entered a minute later and I took out the credit card from my wallet. I gave him the credit card and the address and asked him pointedly that he bring the credit card back after paying for whatever he was fretting about. If I left it to Aaron, I'd have half of my balance finished before the end of the day.

Henry went off and I was about to put back my wallet when I saw the two photos I'd carried with me since long. The first photo was of a little boy and a little girl.

The girl was pouting although a smile was beginning to form in her face as the boy was ruffling her hair with his right hand while his left was wrapped around her shoulder. Both of them had their fronts to the camera but their eyes were connected to each other. They had matching tshirts, the boy's tshirt had the picture of Mickey mouse while the girl had one of Minnie mouse. As they stood together, it looked like those two characters were shaking their hands.