Chapter 28: "Put Me Down You Dumb Ferret!"

^^that's what I imagine as Tristan's house^^

Chapter 28:
"Put me down you dumb ferret!"

"I think we should do something fun this weekend," El suggests from the passenger seat as I drive back to Tristan's house, otherwise known as my new 'home'.

"Something like?" I ask her while keeping my eyes on the road.

"I don't know yet," I see her shrug through my peripheral view. "Maybe go to a club, or one of the parties hosted by the college students."

"Those aren't really my scenes," I tell her before bringing the car to a slow stop at a red traffic light. "I'm not much of a crowd person." I explain.

It is then I remember the first and last party I ever attended. The day my brother decided to finally return to my life and the day my life was officially threatened by the end of a gun.

"Me neither," she shrugs casually and laughs. "I have no idea why I even suggested that. I just thought maybe I could try out the whole party thing."

"Makes sense," I nod. The light turns green and I begin driving again. "I just don't feel like going to another party again because the last one I attended, did not turn out so well."

"Oh? What happened?" She asks and my mind trails off to reminisce about that day...

"Did you guys start before us?" A too familiar voice asks, interrupting our game. Four familiar figures walk to the circle, with their usually charming smiles.

"C-Conner..." I faintly whisper out before standing up and storming towards the four people I hate most in my life.

"Let's just say, my life went south from then," I tell her before turning into the driveway of the house. "We're here." I say and unbuckle my seat belt just after parking my car.

"Wait," El clears her throat as her eyes land on the house. "This is where you live?" Her eyes are so wide that they may as well pop out of their sockets.

"Unfortunately," I mutter under my breath.

"Unfortunately?!" She shrieks out, having heard my remark. "Do you know how I'd kill to live here? Especially since we're only in college?"

"I guess," I shrug and hop out of the car. El follows suit and we walk to the front door.

"First the Mustang, then this glorious home?" She gawks at the view of the house. "How rich are you?" She grabs onto my shoulders and violently shakes the life out of me.

"Very rich?" I rest my forehead on my palm to try and stabilize my now distorted brain. "And did you have to shake me like that?!"

"Oops," she guiltily bites on her index finger. "Sorry. It was a spur of the moment type of thing."

"Now I have a massive headache," I cry out as I feel my head begin to throb. "No thanks to you," I say sarcastically.

"I said I'm sorry, okay?" Her face doesn't look apologetic at all, instead she seems as if she's trying to suppress her laughter.