32*

~Ophelia's POV~

I tossed and turned on the couch, trying to get comfortable enough to fall asleep. However what I hadn't known until just now was that Stella did not have couches that were comfortable to sleep on, like at all. In fact, they were exactly the opposite. I was pretty sure they were designed so nobody could ever fall asleep on them, no matter how hard they tried. And I had been trying rather hard for the past hour or so.

After maybe another fifteen minutes, I rolled onto my back and simply gave up, huffing to myself as I looked up into the darkness. As I laid there, completely silent, I suddenly heard a low voice from behind where I was laying. "You gonna keep being all noisy out here all night or you ever plan on actually falling asleep?" He muttered. I immediately recognized it to be Luke's voice and, after my brief little freak out that I had at first, I calmed down quickly. "I'm sorry. Did I wake you?" I whispered, eyeing his silhouette as I pushed myself to sit up onto my elbows. "Yeah, you're really loud out here, moving around on the couch so much." He answered, making my stomach churn guiltily. Hopefully nobody else heard it and was kept up too.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. I just can't sleep. These couches are really uncomfortable." I admitted quietly, playing with the flimsy sheet that Stella had given me in place of a blanket. Apparently they hadn't had any spares, so this was good enough for me. At least it was something, right?

Luke paused for a minute, letting my words hang in the air. "You can come sleep in my bed, if you want to." He mumbled.

At first a little bit surprised, I just blinked and then considered it, biting my lip. Putting aside the fact that I'd be sharing a bed with Luke, I could either stay on these insanely uncomfortable couches and probably not sleep even a wink or I could sleep in Luke's bed, which was most likely far more comfortable than the option I had now. To me, it wasn't even really a question. "I-Is that okay?" I stammered, hoping he'd still let me room with him. There was just no way I'd be getting to sleep on these darn couches, it was impossible.

"Trust me, I wouldn't ask if I wasn't okay with it, Ophelia. Now come on, let's go to bed. You're clearly tired as fuck." He insisted, so I slipped off the couch and followed his silhouette back down the hall and into the room he was staying in. I shut the door quietly and almost flinched at the brightness when he turned on the lamp next to his bed, illuminating the room just a bit. "Which side of the bed do you want?" He asked me quietly, to which I gently shrugged my shoulders as I approached him. "Either is fine, I don't have a preference." I said, watching as he patted his hand on the side next to him. "Come on, then." He said.

I hesitated before I climbed into the right side of the bed, glancing up at him as he sat next to me. My heart was racing and, when he flicked the lamp back off, I felt incredibly anxious. I'd never shared a bed with a boy that I was actually crushing on.

Beside me, the bed dipped as Luke laid down and I bit my lip, hyperaware of his presence. He smelled like sandalwood and the warmth that radiated from his body made him seem inviting. I rolled onto my side so that I was facing away from him, my face burning as I felt him slowly getting closer and closer to me from behind. My heart felt like it was about to pop right out of my chest, it was racing so fast.

Luke's chest brushed my back and I stifled a gasp, staying still as his right arm wound itself around my waist. "Is this okay?" He muttered into my ear, lips brushing the back of my neck in a way that made me shudder against him. I was sure he'd felt it, but he thankfully didn't comment on it. "Y-Yes." I assured, nodding weakly. I hesitated and then turned my head, trying to look over at him in the dark. "But....But could you get a little closer?" I whispered, biting my lip as I felt his lips graze across my jawline. This time I barely managed to contain how it affected me, having his lips on me while we were so close.