𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏: 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Madame X, Seoul

6:00PM

Roseanne's POV.

"What's this about?" Taejoon asked getting comfortable in his seat.

"Do you want to tell him or should I?" Lisa asked me.

I couldn't breathe. I felt myself inhaling but the air didn't touch my lungs. My chest ached from the rapid beating of my heart. Heat swarmed in my belly making me feel nauseous. Spurts of adrenaline spiked through my veins. Tears burned the back of my eyes but I willed away the emotion.

I shouldn't feel this bad. All of this was my doing. I became the liar, the unfaithful partner.

The villain.

I was glad Lisa was here because I knew that if she weren't I'd dodge Taejoon for as long as I could.

I didn't want him to look at me like the soulless bitch I had become because of the consuming need that Lisa satisfied. This addiction had taken me to my lowest point and now it was time for me to come clean.

We were back in Lisa's club. In Lisa's office. Taejoon was sitting next to me and Lisa was sitting across from us.

I covered my face with my hand trying to concentrate on breathing evenly, as my foot tapped against the floor. I needed to do something with the excess energy.

I swallowed the lump in my throat but I still couldn't find the words to tell him what had been happening between myself and Lisa. I dreaded this moment from the very beginning.

I had somehow knew that my affair would come to this.

The confrontation.
The moment of truth.

"Do you want to tell him or should I?"

Lisa reiterated. Her brown irises were searing into my soul needing an answer.

"Tell me what Roseanne? What do you need to tell me?" Taejoon asked, his eyes didn't leave mine.

"Your wife and I are having an affair." Lisa spoke frankly.

Lisa knew that I couldn't tell Taejoon myself. I hated that she had to tell Taejoon but I appreciated her for speaking up when I couldn't.

I heard Taejoon's teeth grind. I felt the consuming tension between the three of us through the silence. I could feel my heart pounding against my chest.

It was beating so face it sounded more like a ringing.

Taejoon lifted his chair and turned it in my direction before he sat back down. He was so close I could feel him panting thick breaths. "Is that true, Roseanne?"

A single tear rolled down my cheek. My right thigh was shaking as my foot moved up and down harder. "Yes."

"Why couldn't you tell me this at home? Why couldn't you tell me this one-on-one? After almost ten years of knowing me you needed her help to tell me that you're screwing around with her?"

"I couldn't tell you. I've tried so many times and I couldn't tell you." My voice was small. I couldn't hide the humiliation because of the shaky whisper my voice had become.

"Why not?"

"I don't want you to hate me," I explained.

The tears burned my eyes.

"How long has this been going on?" Taejoon asked me clenching his teeth.

"....almost three weeks."

"Did you start sleeping with her immediately after the night in the hotel?"

"It happened a day or two after that night."