Unwanted Hate

A/N: So our teacher wanted to take the story-writing to another level and showed us a short story named "Spellbound" and asked us to write a story based on its morals and lessons. I wanted to put a story here but felt that my piece wasn't as good as my friend (Tazmeen_da_queen - I forced her to make a Wattpad account just so I could tag her) is so...I put her story here:

::::::::::::::::::

Hate.

It has caused many problems in this world than solved.

This statement was the motto of a girl living in Pakistan, a country filled with love, but where there is love there is hate. 13-year-old paraplegic Anaya lived in a joint family and in a house where she was mentally and physically tortured. The blaring of her so-called aunt and uncle at the crack of dawn was the reason for her not sleeping a wink. Due to her disability and the bullying of her atrocious cousins, day after day her condition was getting worse and worse. The chance of her standing back on her feet was fading, along with hope.

Each night after swallowing the vivacious treatment of people around her, she used to sit and cry in her bathroom and pray to God to help her get out of the depths of the unending ocean of hatred and jealousy.

She was tired of being thrown down the stairs and beaten by her aunt. Her little mind was filled up with so many things that at some nights she suffered from unending and horribly painful fits and would stay paralyzed till the morning. But there was no one for her to share her feelings with or to hug and cry out her heart. SHE WAS ALONE.

But one day, God heard her prayers and her groan for help. It was so painful that not just a family, a bunch of students or a city or a country but the whole world was affected and sealed. On 26 February 2020*, God showed all the haters in the world that no Anaya is alone. He will not let any innocent get oppressed by a malignant. He showed to every person in this world that no pure and unblemished and innocent man is alone. He proved that the one who has nothing has God. He showed the people who tyrannised Anaya that God is the greatest.

When they saw hundreds and thousands of people dying in front of their eyes, they came back to reality and when Anaya's cousin got affected by the coronavirus and was taking his last breaths, her aunt, uncle and cousins had realised that this is God's justice. They regretted torturing the one who was alone, who could not even stand and speak for herself and realised it was now time to payback. Her aunt and uncle fell at Anaya's feet pleading for forgiveness for their villainous behaviour. Anaya was a girl with a golden heart and just wanted people to love and care about her and after all, darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. The same way, hate cannot drive out hate only love can do that. She forgave them for all they did.

Love is an extremely strong emotion and all it takes is just a little bit of love and your life becomes magical.

Anaya was the girl whose lips never made the posture of a smile and now after being showered with love, her lips forgot the word hate. We should always try our best to help out people and give them the love they lack and leave the rest on God. Because after every night there is a bright day and whatever happens, if you have a pure heart and your intentions are kind in this world shrouded with hate, love will always find a way.

(*This was the day when Pakistan was put in lockdown.)

::::::::::::::::::

I have decided that I will also put my story here. And also remember I will not tolerate any bullying or harmful criticism towards my friend just because you have different beliefs than her. If you have some constructive criticism then I am open for that but otherwise...

::::::::::::::::::

Let's just say that I'm not proud of this story at all. AT ALL. I wrote this two hours before the deadline and after pulling a stay-up-for-an-ungodly-amount-of-time, I won't be surprised if there are some things that you can't even read let alone comprehend. If you guys have any suggestions on how to make this better, do tell me. Here goes:

__________________________

"Which one of these is to the brakes?" I thought to myself, taking turns looking between the clippers on the ground and the two wires in my hand. It was late at night and everyone was asleep. I was supposed to be in bed but here, I am, in the dark garage, in front of my brother's car, looking in between the red and green wire in my hand. Taking a wild guess, I picked up my clipper and cut the red wire into two pieces. Quickly shutting the hood, I ran inside and upstairs to my room and flopped onto the bed, smiling at my little act. I closed my eyes and thought, "I am always the black sheep of the family while you proudly held the title of the golden child. You always came first in our parents' eyes and always tried while I was just told that 'I never try or I would be like you.' Well, guess what, brother? I am smarter than you and I always try harder than you. Just because I failed doesn't mean that I don't deserve to go to the field trip was looking forward to the entire year. And just because you passed doesn't mean you deserve to go. This was the last straw, Ethan. I am tired of always being put second."

With that thought, I turned and looked at my window, reflecting on what I just did. 'I cut the brakes of my brother's car just so he would not be able to go to school to attend his stupid field trip. It isn't life-threatening, is it?' And with that questioning thought, I fell in deep slumber.

Morning came as the blinding sun peeked into my room through the folds. I got up, the question from last night still haunting me and walked downstairs to see my mom in the kitchen, leaning on the counter while eating a carrot. "Good morning, mom!" I chirped.

"Good morning!" she replied, her eyes focused on her phone. "Hey, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, hon."

"How dangerous is it if a car has no brakes?"

"Oh, it is quite dangerous. It can cause accidents," she replied munching on that carrot as I felt my eyes go wide, "What?! Where is Ethan, mom?"

Instead of mom, a drowsy voice answered me, "You are looking for me?" When I turned around, I saw, Ethan walking into the kitchen with a small smile on his face. I felt relieved and confused as to why he wasn't at school. I refrained from asking but curiosity killed that cat. When I asked that question, he turned to me and said with a small grin, "If you are not going, then neither am I."

He was about to say something else when mom spoke up, "Oh and Ethan, since you were staying at home, your dad took your car to the supermarket to get some groceries."

I felt horror consume me as I asked mom when did he leave to which she replied, "Just now." I ran as quick as a lightning bolt towards the garage door and yanked it open, words flashing in my mind. "Accidents. No brakes. Dad."

I faintly registered my mom and Ethan's voices as I hastily stepped onto the room, my face as pale as death because of my worry. Tears blurred my sight as I desperately hoped that I had not missed the boat to save my father. The sound of the hood of a car shutting made me look across the room to see my dad standing there with a frown on his face. Relief flooded through my body as I looked at him. He came over to where me, Ethan and mom were standing, and said, "Looks like someone cut off the wire of the petrol. I will have to take that to the mechanic but right now, I will take my car to get you the grocery."

And with that, I couldn't stop the flood of tears and admitted what I had done. A look of shock covered everyone's face before I was engulfed in a hug by my brother. "I get that you feel resentment because you were overlooked but believe me, brother, we love you."

This incident made me realise that hate and jealousy will do no harm to the person that they are directed to, but instead, you will be their target. You will only harm yourself.