» 77

"My mother?" Hyunas mouth became dry as everything started to piece together, recollecting that she once found the same photo hidden away in her mother's drawer when she was younger.

"What happened?" She looked up to Chanmi whose eyes sunk with sadness as she looked upon the photo of her childhood friend.

"I think we should sit down," she said and began walking away. Hyuna took a moment before following after her and sitting besides her.

There was silence that lingered in the air, but Hyuna was patient- waiting for Chanmi to figure out how to start.

"Your mother wasn't always as she was right now," Chanmi said, looking towards the girl and giving her a faint smile.

"Really?" She said in disbelief, it was hard to see her mother in any way other than the perfectionist she was.

Chanmi let out a hum and nodded her head, "she was lively, happy and loved to get herself dirty and help other people, despite coming from a rich family descent."

"I really don't believe that, what happened?"

"It was her mother- your grandmother- that changed the Insook I used to know. Your grandmother had a hatred towards "lower class" folk like my family and she forbid Insook from ever seeing me again. Brainwashing her and making her removed me and anyone her mother deemed unfit from her life."

Hyuna sat there with her mouth open, hearing her mother's story for the first time and feeling sad for her about what her mother did, but also angry that she didn't stand up for herself.

"Her mother would feed her lies telling her that no one would love her because she wasn't perfect. She would often starve her daughter so she could have that perfect figure, and not long after, your mothers mind had been corrupted to think the same way- continuing on with the value of perfection.
She lost all sense of who she was."

Chanmi grabber Hyunas hand, squeezing it slightly as she gave her another small smile.

Chanmi had made it sound like her mother was the funnest person in the world, and Hyuna wished she could've met her mum back then.

It still didn't change the fact of how she treated her and Tae for all these years, but she was starting to think maybe she should be a little more gentle with her mother- maybe try and get her to see her old point of views.

"Thank you for telling me this Chanmi," she said hugging the older women who in return rubbed her back soothingly.

"Are you okay?" She asked, concern ridden voice as she pet her hair gently.

Hyuna sighed deeply and nodding her head. "Yeah I'm okay, I just need time to think about everything."

"Speaking of time," Chanmi said pulling away from the girl, "Jaemin's going to be here soon."

And as if it was on cue, the faint roar of Jaemins motorbike became louder as he pulled up out the front.

Hyunas attention was brought back to Chanmi and all thought of her mother had disappeared when she delicately tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"You look beautiful Hunny, now go have fun with Jaemin," she said with a smile before ushering her up and towards the door.

Hyunas hand landed on the handle and swung it open, eye darting up automatically when she sees Jaemin standing there with his hand lingering where the door handle used to be.

"Sorry," she said as she cleared her voice making Jaemin stand up straight and smile kindly.

"It's okay love- Here, I got you these," he said taking his other hand out from behind his back to display a beautiful bouquet of red roses.

"Thank you so much," she said gently taking the flowers out of his hands to smell them. The potent fragrance blessing her senses delightfully as she took in the sweet smell.
"They're beautiful, let me just go put them into some water."

Jaemin looked down at her, a loving smile played on his lips as he watches her quickly run into the house, soon coming back empty handed but accompanied with a wide grin.

"You ready to go, my princess?" He said bowing and extending his hand, putting on an accent as if he were royalty.

"Oh of course," she said copying the same accent and curtsying and placing her hand into his larger ones.

He started to lead her to the motorbike, the sky had already started to turn orange and soon golden hour would be upon them, and it was only now when Hyuna decided to ask the question she was beyond confused about.

"So where are we going?"

—————

I hate sasaengs, I really do. They don't know the word privacy and what they do is sick.

Leaking private information about idols' families, their health, relationships, phones numbers. It's disgusting, and I don't know how they think what they're doing is acceptable.

Like yes you love them, but what do you get out of this?? It honestly seems as though you're out to ruin their lives, so much for living them 😒

And it's not just sasaengs as well, it's collectors who also sell and exchange shit. They're just as bad as each other, it's honestly horrifying.

Like I feel so sorry for celebrities in general, but I swear Idols get it worse.

Like my dream is to be an actor coz I love acting, but I wish I could do it without the whole fame thing. It's weird.

I wish these people would stop and reevaluate their lives and figure out what the fuck they're doing because what they're doing now is not acceptable

Thank you for listening to my rant