v i .

Marie's mind was too preoccupied to take in her surroundings. Not that there was much to take in - it was the basement of a frat house. It was a claustrophobe's worst nightmare. Sweaty bodies packed every inch of the room, the smell of stale beer filling the air, and a 'DJ' acting like he did more than just look up a playlist of trap remix on YouTube.

Marie would be having more fun if she was on her third shot of vodka and didn't have anything occupying her mind. Except she did indeed have something on her mind. That something being the fact that she had been over her professor's knee no less than an hour ago.

The memory immediately made Marie's cheeks redden. No one had ever touched - ever handled - her like that. Marie closed her eyes, focusing on the soreness of her skin.

Marie had lost Ashly a good 15 minutes into the party. The two of them began dancing before Ashly got swept up by a group of girls all grinding on each other on top of a make-shift bar table.

Caleb, on the other hand, was busy monitoring a crappy game of beer pong in the other corner of the basement. That left Marie on her own to try and ease her racing thoughts with watered-down booze in a cheap plastic cup.

"Looks like you need a refill." Marie looked up towards the source of the cheesy conversation starter. Despite the awful lighting, Marie could gather that he was cute, in a boy-ish way.

A one-night stand didn't sound too bad to Marie at the moment. It would definitely distract her from her current thoughts. While she doubted the guy eyeing her had the guts to treat her like fucktoy she wanted to be, Marie knew she could do the rest using her imagination.

She wanted a man with force; to make her feel so irresistible he would take her right then and there... everything Professor Dameron was.

She wanted to spite the professor's words to her. She wanted him to hear her moans and the pleasure he so sadistically refused her.

"If you get me a drink, could you walk me back to my place as well?" Marie seductively replied to the cute boy, who seemed slightly taken aback as if he was expecting rejection.

Some small talk proceeded which Marie vehemently disliked. She could've sworn the guy had given her his name but it slipped Marie's mind as she tried to usher them out of the party as quickly as possible. Marie was desperate for even a mediocre fuck.

Marie quickly texted Ashly and Caleb that she was heading home with someone, telling the two of them to get home safely. Marie let the chilly August-night air welcome her as she left the frat house, the guy she picked up trailing next to her.

"Rough day?" he asked as Marie led the way to her apartment. Damn, was it that obvious?

"Yeah, you could say that." Marie didn't feel like talking. Especially as she realized she had to walk by the psychology building to get to her place.

"Me too," the boy artificially interjected. "My fish died yesterday."

The fuck? "I'm sorry?" Marie gave him a quizzical look that she hoped translated into her being extremely turned off.

The awkward silence that followed came to an end as Marie stopped in her tracks. There was one room lit up at this hour in the psychology department building and by where she was standing and the view she remembered from his office, Marie knew Professor Dameron was still there.

Marie had made a lot of stupid decisions in her lifetime. This was one of them.

She turned to her now-not-so-much-one-night-stand. "I actually have to take care of something. I'm really sorry."

The guy just rolled his eyes and shrugged before walking back the way the two came. Marie looked up at the lone-lit window.

With a little bit of alcohol in her system, Marie let her lack of better judgment take over.