-15-

The guards threw (Y/n) back into her cell, chaining her back to the wall. Silver was already in there, curled up in the corner. He lifted his head as the door slammed shut. 

"(Y/n)?" he murmured, sliding over to her. "Are you okay?" 

"I hate needles," she hissed, rubbing her shoulder. At this point, she had bandaged wrapping her whole arms from the amount of clawing and beating they'd gotten. "Some sort of truth serum. Now they know about my telekinesis problems." 

"Oh," he said, looking down. "And what are they going to do about it?" 

"Take me to a training room or something and make me work it off daily." Silver's eyes widened. 

"So you'll be able to use your powers?" he asked. 

"Yeah. Don't get your hopes up, though. I'm going against those beasts, and it's going to be wearing the same kind of armor that our gauntlets are made of. I can't bend the metal, and I can't get out of the training room." Silver's ears drooped. "I'm sorry. How's stuff coming with Blaze?" 

"Not good," he said. "Fia keeps on coming back to her more and more often. It's like she knows Blaze is going to try and escape and is making sure there's no opportunity to go quietly. If Blaze goes, she'll have to go out loud." 

"Doesn't Blaze have a Super form or something?" (Y/n) asked. 

"Yeah," Silver said, staring at his hands. The (a/t)'s ears fell at his expression. "But she needs the Sol Emeralds to become Burning Blaze, and they had a machine created for anyone who might be carrying Emeralds of any kind. It forcefully takes them all, and it's one of the reasons Blaze hasn't tried an escape. Her powers were really damaged in the machine and she needed time to recuperate." 

(Y/n) shook her head. "It won't work," she said. "Someone's going to get hurt, Blaze will want her Emeralds, you want to pick up Shadow, it just won't work!" She covered her face. "Silver, your selflessness is admirable, but if we're going to get out, we need to be smart about it. If we get out, we can come up with a plan. We know how Fia works, how her facility runs, maybe we can find a way around it, counter the effects of her gauntlets. But we have to do it alone." 

"I...I can't," Silver said, looking up at her. "I can't leave my friends." 

"You won't be leaving them forever," the (a/t) assured him. "But trying to find them is just plain stupid. You'll be caught and put in a cell all by yourself, and a failed escape plan is exactly what Fia wants. She wants you to see that there is no hope." 

"Then what do we do?" Silver said, opening his hands as tears welled in his eyes. "I don't know what to do! We're never getting out of here!" He covered his face with his hands, his body shaking. (Y/n) lowered her head, unsure of what to say. 

"She...she took me to see where her monsters are created," the white hedgehog said after a moment. "She tortures them. I think she tries to make it painful." He sucked in a shuddering breath, wiping his tears away. "I'm really sorry, (Y/n). Maybe if I'd tried harder back in the city, if I hadn't been so foolish, we wouldn't be here. I thought...well, I thought escaping would be a lot easier than it was." 

"It's okay," (Y/n) mumbled. "You couldn't have known." 

"I don't know how Shadow lasted so long," Silver said, laying back on the floor and turning on his side to stare at the wall. "You're right. He is insane. He can't possibly be in his right mind after two years of living in this prison." 

"Are you...are you giving up?" the (a/t) asked quietly. Silver squeezed his eyes shut. 

"I...I don't know what else to do."