✞ N I N E ✞

CHAPTER NINE ; TOMMYS JEALOUSY

THE NIGHT THAT, Billy Kimber had his meeting in the Garrison, Tommy found himself telling Bethany his plans. He had told her she would be attending the races with the other Shelby brothers to stir her away from trouble with Kimber but had failed to tell her instead he was bringing the Irish barmaid she had grown to hate. The next day Beth woke up early in her own room with Tommy passed out behind her, his arms wrapped tightly around her. When she had gone to sleep, Tommy was in his own room so she had only guessed that he had came in during the night when he couldn't sleep.

Beth gently pried his hands from her waist and stood up off the bed. Tommy's eyes fluttered when his hands had been moved and he waisted no time pulling Beth back down to the bed. Beth hadn't been expecting him to be up so when his cold hands reached up pulling her back into the bed Beth let out a loud shriek of horror. A loud laugh escaped Tommy's lips as he nuzzled his head back into her shoulder. "Stay."

Beth couldn't help the smile that framed her face as his lips tickled her neck. "Thomas I've to go to work." She giggled, but Tommy's hands stayed wrapped around her not letting her up. "Just work for me. You don't need to work in the Garrison." Tommy mumbled, his morning voice raspy. Beth sighed turning around to face Tommy. "Your being very clingy this morning. What's wrong?"

Tommy's eyes that he had closed flew open and he pulled Beth closer to his chest if possible, a small smirk on his lips. "I don't want you having Kimber's baby." Beth's mouth fell open with shock at his statement and she let out a loud snort of laughter. If Polly had heard that she would have been scolded for being unladylike but Tommy found Beth's loud laugh amusing."You think I'm going to leave you and go marry off and have Kimber's babies? This is why you're being clingy?"

Tommy closed his eyes attempting to burry his head back into the crook of her neck but Beth pulled back a teasing smile on her face. "Are you jealous, Mr. Shelby?" Tommy shook his head no and turned to lie on his side facing the wall, a smile still on his lips. Beth let out a scoff and attempted to pull his body back to hers but he was too strong so instead she sat up and pushed Tommy onto his back and straddled him before he could move again. "Careful Bethany don't start something you can't finish." Tommy teased his hands reaching up to rest of her waist. Beth's smile never fell as she leaned down Tommy's face fanning her face slightly.

Their lips were only centimetres away and Tommy had to resist the urge from smashing his lips to hers incase that wasn't her intentions. "Like what Tom? Like this? Hmm?" Her lips connected with the side of his mouth and trailed down his jaw until she reached his neck and tugged slightly sure to leave a hickey on his neck. A small gasp left Tommy's lips in surprise and in a second he had flipped them.

His body lay between Beth's legs and now he was hovering over her. Just as Tommy leaned down and his lips brushed hers the bedroom door flew open. Finn stood at the door but his eyes widened and he quickly slapped his hand over his eyes causing Beth to let out a dry chuckle as the young boy yelled in horror. Tommy rolled his eyes in annoyance and stood up and began to pull his clothes on. "Yes Finn?" 

Finn cautiously peaked through his fingers but giggled when he noticed Tommy was now buttoning up his shirt. He ran in jumping into Beth's bed and curling up in her lap. "Harry told me to tell you you've work today." Finn informed reaching up to play with Beth's blonde hair. Beth grinned leaning down and pressing a kiss to the top of his head before wrapping her arms around him and standing up, Finn happily sat perched on her hip as she looked through her wardrobe.